Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/8/2014 2:37:43 PM EDT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/M3X-700-A35-Insight-LED-Flashlight-System-1913-Tan-Dual-Switch-/181575071685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a46b7b7c5

I bought two of these, I'd like to know the durability of the glass or lens, whichever you call it.

IE: I'm using my weapon and bang the light into something but the glass/lens takes the hit directly.

Will it crack, scratch, blah blah?

Also any warranty or repair services or anything helpful like that IF that did happen?
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few of the same unit and LOVE them! (That's the 2nd gen LED unit, like mine). They're not that bright, but for 50 yards in or for CQB they're PERFECT and won't blow your targets out like the latest bajillion lumen units, but they WILL blind / disorient them.

That said, L3 warranty service is notoriously poor, but you might get lucky. However, these are tough as nails and will provide you years of use under some of the most harsh conditions.

Here's one of my setups:

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:33:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks man.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:46:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had an M3X LED before and thought it was decent but also felt like it had a lot of shortcomings. The rail grooves are part of the housing and if it wears out (not very hard as it is polymer) you will find that the light could begin to fit loosely if reattached to other guns/rails. Mine was rated at "150+" lumens and mostly bright enough but not any better than any other popular offerings currently on the market. Replacement parts and accessories (back plates, pressure switches, etc.) do not seem to be as readily available as they are for Streamlights and Surefires and the light itself wasn't exactly very inexpensive.

I think it's a cool light but I don't really see what it has over a current 300 lumen TLR-1, for instance (that is what I replaced my M3X LED with).
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had an M3X LED before and thought it was decent but also felt like it had a lot of shortcomings. The rail grooves are part of the housing and if it wears out (not very hard as it is polymer) you will find that the light could begin to fit loosely if reattached to other guns/rails. Mine was rated at "150+" lumens and mostly bright enough but not any better than any other popular offerings currently on the market. Replacement parts and accessories (back plates, pressure switches, etc.) do not seem to be as readily available as they are for Streamlights and Surefires and the light itself wasn't exactly very inexpensive.

I think it's a cool light but I don't really see what it has over a current 300 lumen TLR-1, for instance (that is what I replaced my M3X LED with).
View Quote

You're so not SOPMOD.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:58:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Guess not lol
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#6]
My experience with L3 customer service has been fantastic... When they couldn't fix something they replaced with new, they even sent back up parts for free. Sent back a WX150 and because it wasn't in production any more they send me a NIB m3x. Personally not a fan of the model myself, don't think I'll ever use it but their customer service was great!

-T
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top