Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2014 2:37:05 PM EDT
Cheap Asian lights, I know, but I picked up a D25C Clicky at the gun show for $45 with 2 CR123's and it seems solid and is obnoxiously bright for a single CR123 pocket light.

Not quite as focused as my larger Surefire handhelds, but it's got more lumens and will light up my whole back yard just fine.  I believe it's the XM-L2 U2 model.  They have a tighter beam model as well.

Normal operation is simple.  Click on / Click off.  Rotate the head a few degrees to select Hi or Low.
A half-click in Hi mode goes to strobe and then another puts it back on Hi
Half-clicks in Low mode cycles through low/med/hi plus several strobe/beacon/SOS features that you'll never use.

Anybody else play with one of these?

http://www.eagletac.com/html/d25crc/specs.html
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a t-20 Infrared model. Gets some nice distance using a gen 3 NOD. I need to order a drop in to convert it to white light.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I've owned two Eagle-Tacs.

Never again. Never.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Cheap Asian lights, I know...
View Quote

Why do you say that?  Their About Us page states founded in Washington, USA.

I have one of their PN20a2 lights.  I wanted an AAA light for EDC clipped in my front pants pocket.  I chose the Eagle Tac because of the user interface that didn't include cycling through a bunch of BS modes to get to the one I want.  With the head screwed tight, the light is on high mode.  If I want the low mode, a simple, small twist of the head will switch to low.  I can do this without the light on so when I want low, I get low.  The clip on it was cheap though and easily bent.  I actually modified a clip from a Streamlight Microstream to fit the Eagle Tac.  The steel is much stronger.  I still have it pop off once in a while.  I can't tell, they may have changed the clip since I purchased mine 2 years ago.  I still carry it today.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Eagle Tac product.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:23:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why do you say that?.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cheap Asian lights, I know...

Why do you say that?.

Because they're relatively cheap, and they're made in China, and there was even a Chinese couple selling them at the show
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top