Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 1:58:29 PM EDT
Been looking for a light setup for my 6920 with MOE guards. I love the TLR-1 and have several on pistols, but I prefer a tailcap operation on a long gun in most cases.

I want this to be effective outdoors and indoors.

Pros to the TLR are size, cost, no extra mount, quick detach, 600+ lumens, strobe ability(not that I'd use or need it, but they are sweet), 2oz lighter than the mounted SF
Cons, rocker switch, doesn't position as well as the mount setup.

Pros to the IWC mount and G2X, can swap lights, maybe get a Scout one day, puts it in my preferred 11 o'clock position
Cons, no quick detach, longer than the TLR, less lumens at 300+, 2oz heavier

Anyone been through the same hunt for these two? Any tips?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked into a front sight base mount for the TLR-1 HL? They are readily available, less expensive than the IWC mounts and might resolve your positioning dilemma.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top