Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 8:24:28 AM EDT
I need a light for my AR and am interested in these 2 models.   Looks like the WML momentary is cheaper but is the surefire mini far superior to the WML momentary?  Looking forward to the feedback from the hive.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I am on the surefire koolaid here.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#2]
There isn't much love for the Inforce lights on here. I've only owned 3 (APL, WML, and WMLX) and have had no issues with mine outside a set of bad rails for the APL that were replaced by Inforce. I would look at where you plan on mounting it and what activation you use. If you plan on mounting it a 12 o'clock the WML works very well. If you're going to put it at 10-11 or 1-2 then the advantage would go to the Scout IMO. I do like the hardware switch the Surefire uses vs the electronic switch on the WML as a Surefire is not capable of draining the batteries whereas I've heard reports from Inforce users that this has happened to them. The Scout also uses an extremely durable mounting system with a lot of mount options.

Surefire:
Hardware switch
Versatile mount options
More switch options

Inforce:
Ideal for 12 o'clock mounting
Simple and efficient switch

My personal preference right now is the WMLX at 12 o'clock. It has a lever that switches from click type to momentary only operation and the strobe can be disabled. I like the integrated mount and it seems to work well enough but time will tell how well it holds up, I did manage to break an X300U off of my carbine rail. I've also left the head screwed down to see about battery drain, I'm only at a week so far but it is good thus far. For anything other than a 12 o'clock mount  I think the Scout would be the way to go.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for your insight and feedback.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm leaning towards the Surefire mini scout M300B w/ the SR07 switch.  Found it here for $253(light only)
M300B

look like a good price right?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm leaning towards the Surefire mini scout M300B w/ the SR07 switch.  Found it here for $253(light only)
M300B

View Quote

That's one of the better prices I have seen.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know if the SR05 switch will work with the M300B?  I don't think I need the 7" cord  or do I?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the SR05 switch will work with the M300B?  I don't think I need the 7" cord  or do I?
View Quote

Yes, the SR02 - SR09 have the same connectors and are just shorter or longer dependent on the last number SR02=2in, SR05=5in, SR07=7in, SR09=9in
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
M300B

View Quote

I just got one and love it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:50:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Am I dreaming?!

M600P$250
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#10]
B&H is an ok retailer, they take forever to ship and ship slow, it may take a few weeks to get anything you order from them, just FYI.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I need a light for my AR and am interested in these 2 models.   Looks like the WML momentary is cheaper but is the surefire mini far superior to the WML momentary?  Looking forward to the feedback from the hive.
View Quote

I have both and like both for different reasons. The Surefire is mounted at 3 o'clock (I am right handed) with the switch that goes on your rail that has the momentary on and constant on switches mounted at 12 o'clock. This in on my AR.

My Inforce is mounted on my AK at 9 o'clock. I also have an AFG on that gun so that light becomes a place to rest my support hand thumb when not using the light. I have the HSP version so it is momentary on only.

The advantages of the Inforce is that it is overall a much lighter set up. There are no wires to get caught. I have had the wire on my Surefire get caught on a branch and when I went to activate the light nothing happened. Only took a second to fix, but still.

I realize that momentary on is the right answer from a tactical standpoint, but my AR gets used a lot for varmints at night. In that situation, I am not very concerned about giving away my location, and it gets tiring holding a momentary on switch. So being able to switch to constant on is a plus in that setting.

Between the two, it really depends on what you will be using it for and where you intend to mount it.

My surefire has seen more use/abuse than my inforce, but I haven't had any trouble from either one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Call the guys at brightflashlights.com and see what they can do for you.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top