Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2014 10:28:38 PM EDT
500 lumens for them old boys with the 200 lumen surefire scouts.  What's the best price on these?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
One of these days I am going to just get the Malkoff E1 head for the single cell scouts and the E2 for the 2 cell scouts.  Not OE but still good stuff with out the price tag of the SF heads.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of these days I am going to just get the Malkoff M31.  Not OE but still good stuff with out the price tag of the SF heads.
View Quote

Is this a screw-on-head or is it some kind of a drop in?  Not sure myself how to put a drop off in.  the SF one is out of this world expensive / unreasonable that's why I asked to see cheapest.. figured that I might be missing out on something.  What's does the Malk do for lumens and run time?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, you just unscrew the SF head on your light now, then thread the Malkoff on and own the night.  I have one of the older KL4 heads or whatever it is on my M600 and I have thought about modifying it.  I think I can get a 700lm led to fit in there with some machining and such, but the malkoff head makes it super easy. Link
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yeah, you just unscrew the SF head on your light now, then thread the Malkoff on and own the night.  I have one of the older KL4 heads or whatever it is on my M600 and I have thought about modifying it.  I think I can get a 700lm led to fit in there with some machining and such, but the malkoff head makes it super easy. Link
View Quote

Not really much of a boost over the 200 lumens I'm already getting.  200 to 325 wouldn't make it really worth my while to play with it I don't think.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you contacted Kevin at Brightflashlights over in the dealer forum for a price yet?

If you aren't opposed to going even more customized than the Malkoff mentioned already, you could pick up an E2C adapter like the Surefire LU60A -Oveready stocks them, Brightflashlights might too, and they occasionally pop up for sale on the forums here or over at CPF. Once you have the adapter and whatever bezel you like you open up a huge world of opportunities, you could go with a custom XM-L2 or XP-G2 LED based drop-in from someone like CustomLites aka Nailbender or Vinhnguyen54 from CPF, or there are ready made options like the Sportac line or the EDCPlus X60L's which happen to be on sale right now for ridiculously cheap. It's not as straightforward as simply picking up a KE2A to replace you KX2C but it offers a lot more flexibility for less money.

Edit - If you really want to get crazy with it (and have the luck, money and real estate available on your rife,) you can try to find one of the E-series single cell extenders that used to be made by Valiant Concepts (the same people who make the VME head sold by Malkoff,) -forget 325 lumens or even 500 lumens for 1.5 hours from the Malkoff M61 and KE2A respectively, you can push about 800 lumens out the front from either a Malkoff M91B or Sportac XM-L2 for an hour or so.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah try Kevin at Brightflashlights. I had a Surefire 40% off coupon and still ended up paying $195  for it.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top