Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2014 3:19:31 AM EDT
I'm trying to find a pic of the rail light mount from the front or overhead so I can get an idea of the overall width when using the 1 inch rings. I'm trying to keep the rifle fairly narrow due to storage constraints. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:03:56 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're referring to the plastic/aluminum light mount they make: when using the included rings, it is NOT a narrow mount. There is a spacer needed (and included) that the rings bolt up against to provide friction on the light. I really wish they would have made that spacre narrower, because it causes the light to stick out pretty far to the side. I was using a right hand mount over the top of the handguard, so it positioned the light on the left side of the rifle.

That being said, using a right hand mount over the top, works very well for mounting an Inforce WML on the base part of the mount, since the rings are not needed for the WML.

For a ringed light mount, I have since switched to the Vltor/ADM QD mount, which sits tight against the side of the rifle, and has the added benefit of allowing me to remove the light from the mount without tools, should I need it handheld. I purchased mine from SKD Tactical.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#2]
This is about as narrow as I have seen.  I will have to see if I still have the Magpul moe light mount somewhere.  But I think I only just have the cantilevered picatinny rail and the pressure switch mount.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Here you go.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a lot, just what I needed to see.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:11:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Anytime
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a couple more just for reference...not using the rings but the M79 mount which puts the light in just about the same orientation.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top