Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2014 7:02:25 PM EDT
Today I got in a Malkoff m61 for a Surefire M952 (not the M952V) I have it working but the light itself is really tight inside the light housing to where I can't get it out.  At first, I put in the washer that i thought you were supposed to buy with it but with that in, the bezel could not screw on all the way so I removed the washer and have the m61 dropped in just as the P60 would be dropped in.  Is there anything I need to know, did wrong, or need to change up.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I stuck a CREE Q5 1-mode LED bulb on my M952, no bezel boring needed.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
OST
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the same set up as OP.

Mine was the same way.

I've had several hundred rounds through the rifle since the change over and everything seems fine.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That Cree fit? Got pics inside?  Just curious as our former Q5 unit we made several years ago never fit.  

Vic
View Quote

Granted the foam buffer inside is almost fully compressed, so it might make the shock isolation negligible, but it works for now. Hopefully, I will get a bored crown and do it all the right way.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:08:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Malkoff M60 (the older ones with the XR-E emitter and optic lens instead of reflector) in an M951 and I had to bore the inside of the collar with a Dremel to get the Malkoff to fit. Great light though and worth the effort.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:24:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Malkoff M60 (the older ones with the XR-E emitter and optic lens instead of reflector) in an M951 and I had to bore the inside of the collar with a Dremel to get the Malkoff to fit. Great light though and worth the effort.
View Quote

Nice... It would probably have worked better to bore it out but i did some minor stretching of the connections and it has worked.  I turned it on and beat the rifle against some stuff and didn't get any flickering and will go out and shoot it tomorrow.  So anyways, all is good... its just that the damn thing is stuck in the light so it may take some pliers and time to get it out if i ever decide to swap the malkoff unit out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I just received my M61 from Kevin at brightflashlights.com.   He hand fit it to fit the M951, and it dropped right in.   I'm very impressed.  Can you ask them if they can do that for you?  I didn't want to modify my light other than the LED upgrade and Kevin made it happen easily.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top