Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2014 11:30:50 PM EDT
So I've been trying to research some lights and there are just way too many to choose from. If you guys could help me with a few suggestions, that would be great. I know a guy selling a BNIB Surefire Millenium M952v for 225. Seems like that's about what they're running in the EE but I'd rather not pay that much. Preferred price would be 125 and less. Doesn't matter if it's new or used.

It will be going on an AR15 and I'd prefer to be able to see well out to 100+ yards with it. I've looked at the Primary Arms Universal Weapon Light but it just seems like it's too big and heavy.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:03:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Try a SureFire M951 with a Malkoff M61.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 2:25:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Surefire G2X Tactical with any of a myriad of inexpensive picatinny mounts.  Depending on what you get, you'd be out the door for under $100 and have a very nice, very capable set up that would be considerable lighter weight than the M951/2 lights.  For a few bucks more than that you can get a 6PX and go to a full aluminum bodied light for added durability with minimal weight penalty.  I am not a big fan of cheap chinese lights.  Not something I would bet my life on.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been pleasantly surprised at how well the Inforce WMLx works and how much I like it.
Tomac
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surefire G2X Tactical with any of a myriad of inexpensive picatinny mounts.  Depending on what you get, you'd be out the door for under $100 and have a very nice, very capable set up that would be considerable lighter weight than the M951/2 lights.  For a few bucks more than that you can get a 6PX and go to a full aluminum bodied light for added durability with minimal weight penalty.  I am not a big fan of cheap chinese lights.  Not something I would bet my life on.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been pleasantly surprised at how well the Inforce WMLx works and how much I like it.
Tomac
View Quote

Another +1 here.

Compact, works well in a variety of locations on the rail,  weighs almost nothing, and is relatively cheap, with a built in mounting system.

But my favorite is still the surefire M600U
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Surefire or ElZetta are the two brands I prefer. I also prefer using the Malkoff lamps, ElZetta uses these lamps.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]
get a handheld  Elzetta  or Surefire

BTW I have a P2X Defender 500L and would rather have a Elzetta
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top