Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2014 3:34:24 PM EDT
I've got an Inforce WMLX in Sand that I'm considering painting to match Magpul's OD. Haven't done this before so any suggestions on type/shade of paint I should use? (doesn't need to match shades exactly) Thx!...
Tomac
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Stock is Rustoleum OD.... It is a little lighter/greener than Magpul OD.]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stock is Rustoleum OD.... It is a little lighter/greener than Magpul OD.<a href="http://http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o678/craig_mcclain1/IMG_0082_zps38e4eb21.jpg</a>]
View Quote

Thx! That's one of the possibilities I was considering.
Tomac
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, tried the Rustoleum Camoflage "Deep Forest Green" as it's a little darker than their "Army Green" and it looks like it's going to do what I want.
One question, though: I've never painted polymer before or used this particular Rustoleum product so how many coats should be sufficient? (Don't want to overdo and end up w/a non-functional light)
Tomac
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OK, tried the Rustoleum Camoflage "Deep Forest Green" as it's a little darker than their "Army Green" and it looks like it's going to do what I want.
One question, though: I've never painted polymer before or used this particular Rustoleum product so how many coats should be sufficient? (Don't want to overdo and end up w/a non-functional light)
Tomac
View Quote

Probably overthinking it, paint to match with light coats.  As long as it is sealed up properly (taped off) it shouldn't effect the internal function.
Paint probably won't last very long on the rubber switch, so you should probably cut tape to cover it before spraying.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Probably overthinking it, paint to match with light coats.  As long as it is sealed up properly (taped off) it shouldn't effect the internal function.
Paint probably won't last very long on the rubber switch, so you should probably cut tape to cover it before spraying.
View Quote

If it was a normal hand-held I'd agree. However, the Inforce WMLx has a rotating LED function lever, a rotating physical lockout bar and metal cooling fins inside the bezel. Taped the main switch, no big deal, but don't want to restrict movement of either the LED function lever or the rotating physical lockout bar and I definitely don't want to restrict airflow around the cooling fins by overpainting. As it is I have two coats for now, everything seems fine so I'll give it the suggested 1-week cure time for max adhesion/durability on plastics and see how it goes from there.
Thx!...
Tomac
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top