Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/27/2014 3:11:19 AM EDT
I received this light for Father' Day a while back. It's the dual output version in forest green. It's been nothing but reliable; I couldn't be happier. The other day, the low output quit working. It goes straight to high output. For the hell of it, I tried fresh batteries. I'm thinking it's the tailcap. We'll see what Surefire says...
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
That's unfortunate.  Don't worry, Surefire will make it right.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the same, hope it works out.

Great little lights.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Get the clicky. You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
SureFire has top-notch customer service. Give them a call, don't email them, and they will get you taken care of. They stand behind their products 100% .
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't heard anything back yet, so I'll give them a call tomorrow. The G2 LEDs are damn good lights. Best bang for the buck; like a sore dick, you can't beat it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
. Give them a call, don't email them, and they will get you taken care of.
View Quote

+1 they are notoriously bad about returning emails, but if you call them they'll issue you an RMA right there over the phone so you can mail it in.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

+1 they are notoriously bad about returning emails, but if you call them they'll issue you an RMA right there over the phone so you can mail it in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
. Give them a call, don't email them, and they will get you taken care of.

I called and they did just that. I'll be sending it off tomorrow.

Does anyone know the approx. turnaround for an item such as a G2 LED? I have a backup so I'm not too worried.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I've done 3-4 warranty claims with them, and I always had the item back well within 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Seriously, these things are MUCH better than the original tailcap.
http://www.surefire.com/catalog/product/view/id/314/s/click-on-lock-out-tailcap-z59/category/27/
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#10]
My ancient G2 Nitrolon came with the flip-up infrared filter (which is a cool accessory). The flip-up quit latching in the closed position so I sent Surefire an E M A I L. Repair Technician Jasmes Scannell responded the next morning with an email containing return instructions and a authorization number. I mailed it to them first class and it was back (looked like a new replacement) in less than a week, no charge, via priority mail.
I was crazy about my light in the first place and this experience was very satisfactory. KUDOS to James and SureFire. Top Notch, Grade A, Ichi Ban.!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Just wanted to echo the comments about SureFire customer service. They hooked me up big time.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.surefire.com/catalog/product/view/id/314/s/click-on-lock-out-tailcap-z59/category/27/
View Quote

Depends if you're weapon mounting or not I prefer the twisty for everything, but on a weaponlight if you push and under stress you won't notice, but you will click it and when you let go the light will still be on which can be bad.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Depends if you're weapon mounting or not I prefer the twisty for everything, but on a weaponlight if you push and under stress you won't notice, but you will click it and when you let go the light will still be on which can be bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surefire doesn't make a pressure switch for the G2, do they?

Does anyone else make one that will work?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:50:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, I sent it off today via UPS. Expected to get there Tuesday. I'll post the results...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

If it only came in forest green...

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope I do not believe so.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I just got off the phone with SureFire (update on my repair) and they informed me a new light is in route via UPS. Scheduled to get here Friday. I'm pretty excited as my light was at least 4 years old. Awesome customer service...

Turnaround time will be 15 days from it leaving my hands to returning to my hands. Not bad considering I'm getting a new light (the latest 320 lumens unit). My older light was around 200 lumens I believe.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:56:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, the gentleman I spoke with was wrong, I received a brand new 200 lumen replacement, the same as the one I sent in. With that said, I have a brand new light and couldn't be happier.

I did get a sweet decal.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top