Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2014 5:56:22 PM EDT
I recently purchased the m300a and mistakenly thought it was a 200 lumen light (bidding on multiple lights got me confused) and now im curious if there is a way to beef up my lumen output without reducing my battery life too much.  Any suggestions?  

I looked at candlepower forums but honestly that shit gets really technical and im no physics major.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I sincerely appreciate the suggestion but damn........the price of that new head is as much as i paid for the light itself.  I was hoping for more of a drop in malkoff device in the 60 dollar range.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
A Malkoff M31 in a VME head is certainly an option, or better still just a Malkoff MDC head unit. You could also look for a Surefire LU60A type adapter which should let you use any P60 head and drop in combination of your choosing, although in my opinion you would still be hard pressed to beat the Malkoff in terms of a reliable, single mode, high output, low voltage drop in.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Malkoff M31 in a VME head is certainly an option, or better still just a Malkoff MDC head unit. You could also look for a Surefire LU60A type adapter which should let you use any P60 head and drop in combination of your choosing, although in my opinion you would still be hard pressed to beat the Malkoff in terms of a reliable, single mode, high output, low voltage drop in.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:37:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, that is full retail. They are about $180 regular price. Might be able to find one used?  Probably still more than you want to spend.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Grab a Malkoff E1 Scout head...  You'll be glad you did.

If you want something with more modularity, you could get a VME head and a M31.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top