Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 2:23:58 PM EDT
Title says it all, will concussive blasts from muzz brakes damage side mounted flashlights?

I like to mount my lights to where the source of the light extends proud to the rail its on.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#1]
lots of threads like this in this forum.  The general answer is:  Its just fine.  I just wouldn't do it with a G2 Nitrolon or other all plastic light.  Everything else should be fine.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  I just got an Inforce so I hope it can pass the test.  

Also the search function here is limited to 30 days for some odd reason....
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply.  I just got an Inforce so I hope it can pass the test.  

Also the search function here is limited to 30 days for some odd reason....
View Quote

you have to have a paid membership to search further back IIRC.  I thought there was just a thread about this same topic like a week or so ago.  But either way.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
LMT 10.5 w/ AAC 51t brake, SF P2X. Been fine for a 1000 rounds or so.

I'm pretty sure it takes a beating too

ETA I had an Inforce WML on it before. It was fine for a few hundred rounds before I moved it to another rifle.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#5]
It depends on the light I say but in general you will be good to go.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#6]
As long as the light housing is metal or far enough back you should be GTG.  It will make the lenses cloudy but just have to wipe it off.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top