Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2014 11:41:30 AM EDT
Hey guys, I just got a new Surefire M600 Ultra. Quick question... is it supposed to have a yellow'ish tint to it? None of my other Surefires do.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#1]
They probably just had a yellower tint LED in that batch.  Its not uncommon in the world of LED's.  But typically most hi power LED's are cool white with the ones that have the most lumens.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Google "cree led emitter color chart".

The color tint depends on the specific emitter.  My light as the cree XP-G2 R5 emitter which has a color of 5500K which is cool white bordering on blue.

I don't like a yellow tint.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Ya, kinda sucks that it's quite yellow. It kind of gives it a cheap feel, IMO. All of my other Surefires are a nice, cool white.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I've found that the yellow/green that some of my newer Surefire lights have prevents gray-out VERY WELL that most LED's are so susceptible to. I much prefer it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I just upgraded my Scout KX2C head to the new KE2-A,500 lumen head and noticed that it does have a yellow tint to it compared to my X300. However, it is pretty bright. Doesn't bother me much at the moment.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top