Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2014 1:53:00 AM EDT
Tell me about them please.  I have read and read, and they seem to look legit, but not sure.  I have some Surefires (6PX's), and like them.  I really appreciate things that are quality, and hell, even over built.  I would use this gun for SD/HD/hunting, so multiple uses in other words.  

I am looking at the 3 cell lights.  I like the fact that you can get different lenses for throws, and allowing some versatility.  

Just really looking to hear some guys opinions, that have used them, or seen them, and can weigh in.  Are they really worth 200+?  Are they going to be that much better than what I am using?  
Thanks for the opinions guys.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]
There is like a 14 page thread on elzetta over on CandlePowerForums (CPF).  Lots of info over there.  Their lights are legit IMO.  Very stout.  Not sure how I feel about the TIR optics vs. a more traditional reflector.  They are different, not in a bad way, just different.  There are a bunch of reviews out there if you do some digging.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I had the $$ laying around.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
In short...very high quality, overbuilt to take hard punishment and keep on working.

-Ray

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I will take an Elzetta over any other light
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I really want an Alpha but the clip is retardedly huge on it :(
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#5]
With endorsements like Infinite and Ray, That is about all I need to hear.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#7]
As a loyal surefire fan for years and years I think its the strongest combat flashlight you can get.

No I don't own one . But would love a Strobe/Hi  2 -cell
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I think this video speaks for itself when it comes to how durable Elzettas are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Q55phaLzU

I don't own an Elzetta yet, but definitely plan on owning one in the future.  I like how you can essentially build the light to how you want it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tell me about them please.  I have read and read, and they seem to look legit, but not sure.  I have some Surefires (6PX's), and like them.  I really appreciate things that are quality, and hell, even over built.  I would use this gun for SD/HD/hunting, so multiple uses in other words.  

I am looking at the 3 cell lights.  I like the fact that you can get different lenses for throws, and allowing some versatility.  

Just really looking to hear some guys opinions, that have used them, or seen them, and can weigh in.  Are they really worth 200+?  Are they going to be that much better than what I am using?  
View Quote

I have TONS of lights, both high end and lower end.   Without hestitation I always say that Elzetta makes the best flashlights on planet earth.

Here's my Bravo review for example:

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#12]
They make pretty good lights. I have an older ZFL-M60.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have TONS of lights, both high end and lower end.   Without hestitation I always say that Elzetta makes the best flashlights on planet earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG3oCwKibQY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice review! It's got me thinking about Elzetta for my next flashlight. I currently have my eye on a Surefire P2X Fury Dual Output. The one thing in your review is the Elzetta's beam looked yellowish.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#14]
So do the Bravo series lights have a yellowish tint to them or is that just the way it looks in the video? TIA.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmm.... I've never noticed that it's yellowish per se.  It's not "Cool White" like some though.   It strikes me as a pretty neutral color....
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I've noticed my Bravo has a neutral-ish tint to it.  I consider it a good thing.  I've come to despise bluish tint led's.  The tint on the Elzetta is pretty much perfect IMO.  Not too warm, not too cool.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I will take an Elzetta over any other light
View Quote

Me too!!!!  They make some darn good mounts as well!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:00:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Wish I had the money to pick up an Alpha.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:05:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks to all.  We greatly appreciate the loyalty of our clients and work hard to earn your trust.

Early-Fall Special: Now through Tuesday, September 30, receive a FREE USA-Made knit cap with any Elzetta Modular Flashlight purchase from our website.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10689611_960513660632248_760720167215852111_n.jpg?oh=ffb9b904b16220a40cf63c64726dd751&oe=548AE41E&__gda__=1422656599_7bc11be0d79941dbffd643b2bc66c05c

View Quote

You should clearly send me those lights for proper testing
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I have the alpha.

I like the size and weight, but it never seemed that bright. To my eyes, indoors  seems the same brightness as my 90lumens tlr 3 on my pistol.

This works okay inside the house, but I just took a class outside. At night, at 25 yards, it was pretty dim and a weird color compated to all thr other lights in the class.

They were mostly usimg 500+ lumens, but it kinda confirmed to me, that my supposedly 300lumen alpha ismt that bright.

I still made night time hits on the steel, but I remember the instructor saying, woah that light sucks.

(Note: I just may need to move to a bravo I guess.  )
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Cool video.
I am a flashlight geek myself. Own some Fenix, Sure Fire and Streamlight.
I am convinced though my next purchase will be a Charlie.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Waiting on funds for Bravo.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a bravo and it's just as bright as my TLR-1h 650 lumens with a different tint and wider spread. The bravo has the standard lens, but I will be ordering a flood in the near future and maybe the 3 cell extension to bring it to 900.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha
Watched that review yesterday as i'm looking at a Bravo weapon light in the very near future.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#28]
The quality of the beam and sheer area you can light up cannot be overstated.  I fail to see any downside whatsoever to spending the coin on a piece of potentially life saving gear like this.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top