Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2014 5:20:41 PM EDT
Possibly looking into the P12 to get with a rail mount.  Anybody have any experiences?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Some Nitecore failures recently. For all you want to know about lights, go to the Candlepower Forums.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Surefire G2X tactical in a GG&G ring. Light = $50 and Mount = $15 so $65 for a quality light. Don't weapon mount a light that has multiple outputs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surefire G2X tactical in a GG&G ring. Light = $50 and Mount = $15 so $65 for a quality light. Don't weapon mount a light that has multiple outputs.
View Quote

That's like your opinion, man.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Says who??  Just because it confuses you doesn't mean its not right for others.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't weapon mount a light that has multiple outputs.
View Quote

Agreed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it fucking confuses me.... God damn. How is it right to have a multiple output light. That's just more shit you think about if you actually NEED YOUR GUN RIGHT THE FUCK NOW. Great home invasion ok I got my trusty handy dandy rifle. Ok got my rifle pointed at him....Lets make sure it's not my wife. Oh shit it turned to 15 lumens. Your thought process kicks in (OODA loop). Then you begin to think why isn't it so bright wait why aren't they blinded then you think oh it's my flashlight ok let me turn it to brighter oh shit it turned to strobe at 15 lumens ok double click right? Ok got it BLAM!!!! Oh shit that wasn't my gun was it? And your dead. Or you panic and you accidentally shoot your wife. Hopefully you get it right and hit the right button first but if you don't bad things can happen. Get a quality light that takes all the questions out of it. Push on let go off... Literally caveman simple and that's the way it needs to be.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes it fucking confuses me.... God damn. How is it right to have a multiple output light. That's just more shit you think about if you actually NEED YOUR GUN RIGHT THE FUCK NOW. Great home invasion ok I got my trusty handy dandy rifle. Ok got my rifle pointed at him....Lets make sure it's not my wife. Oh shit it turned to 15 lumens. Your thought process kicks in (OODA loop). Then you begin to think why isn't it so bright wait why aren't they blinded then you think oh it's my flashlight ok let me turn it to brighter oh shit it turned to strobe at 15 lumens ok double click right? Ok got it BLAM!!!! Oh shit that wasn't my gun was it? And your dead. Or you panic and you accidentally shoot your wife. Hopefully you get it right and hit the right button first but if you don't bad things can happen. Get a quality light that takes all the questions out of it. Push on let go off... Literally caveman simple and that's the way it needs to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uuuhhhmmmm....

Because 470 lumens is fucking AWESOME for hitting steel (or assholes) out to 400 meters in the dark...

But NOT AWESOME for clearing a building because 150 lumens produces less splash-back off of brightly colored walls than 470 lumens...

I have a variable on my 16" "do-it-all" rifle, but a 200 lumen WML light on my 12.5".

I have evolved past the caveman stage in my training and equip myself accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:41:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Uuuhhhmmmm....

Because 470 lumens is fucking AWESOME for hitting steel (or assholes) out to 400 meters in the dark...

But NOT AWESOME for clearing a building because 150 lumens produces less splash-back off of brightly colored walls than 470 lumens...

I have a variable on my 16" "do-it-all" rifle, but a 200 lumen WML light on my 12.5".

I have evolved past the caveman stage in my training and equip myself accordingly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uuuhhhmmmm....

There is no do it all rifle. And if you're engaging targets at 400 yds with a white light at night you're doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There is no do it all rifle. And if you're engaging targets at 400 yds with a white light at night you're doing something wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uuuhhhmmmm....

I predict a short lived experience for you here unless you learn some manners especially in tech forums.

I can do just about everything with my 16" so I can call it whatever I wanna call it.
It's also my coyote gun and NVDs are illegal in TN for hunting so you can keep your ignorant statements to yourself.

I prefer my suppressed 12.5" for my vehicle and for inside buildings. It's the gun with the IR pointer on it to be used with my NVDs.

I prefer my 18" WOA SPR if I gotta get past 500 which is rare.  

Consider yourself reported.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]
You never mentioned hunting previously so there was never a reason for me to believe it would be used for so.
What I mean when there is no do it all rifle is a rifle that will work well for everything. Like you said you prefer the shorter suppressed gun for indoors and a longer gun for a certain distance. Yes the gun will work but it won't be optimal. This is really a personal thing for me because a lot of people try to make one gun that will do it all and there is no such thing. So sorry about that. But anyways we should put this back on track about lights. I will never recommend a multiple output light for mentioned reasons. The previous light that I mentioned will work for pretty much everyone unless you're using NVG's or have special needs.
Edit: Not "special" needs, That's different. Didn't want that to be misconstrued.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Runaway thread
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top