Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2014 4:26:36 AM EDT
I am trying to decide between these two lights to use on my rifle, which has a KAC URX 3.1 rail. I know I want to use the Surefire SR07 dual switch that mounts onto the top rail. I also know both these lights have different bulbs with different outputs that you can drop-in.

Which one is the best light for the money? Can someone recommend me a head/bulb for either one that is good for indoor and outdoor use? I think at least 150 lumen would be good enough.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 5:51:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Snagged a new 951for $100 and spent $40 on a 375otf lumen conversion from malkoff.  

It's got good throw, spill, and battery life.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I personally love the Malkoff m61w beam it's a warmer tint that's slightly easier on the eyes. Yellow kind of like an incandescent, They also have the m61wl and m61wll which is still a single output bulb just an even lower output. I've been thinking as to getting one as the 325lumen light is still very bright right when I wake up in the middle of the night.
Edit: For good indoor and outdoor use just stick with the m61w it's a good compromise.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#3]
The Malkoff M61N (neutral) is also a great choice for a weaponlight. A Malkoff + M951 is the best value in weaponlights IMO. Even better with a 6P/C2 bezel for lower profile/weight. You don't need the bulky shock-absorbing bezel anymore when you switch over from incan to LED.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an m951 with an $8 led from amazon.  Took three weeks to get it since it shipped from China, but it is gtg.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an m951 with an $8 led from amazon.  Took three weeks to get it since it shipped from China, but it is gtg.
View Quote

And is that 8-dollar LED epoxy-potted for ruggedness? If not, then it's not GTG.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And is that 8-dollar LED epoxy-potted for ruggedness? If not, then it's not GTG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I ended up going with a M300.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep.  You can google search and find them all day long.  The one I bought had thousands of reviews, most saying they used it in the m951.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

yep.  You can google search and find them all day long.  The one I bought had thousands of reviews, most saying they used it in the m951.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a link?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top