Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/20/2014 12:34:40 PM EDT
Like i stated i am new here so if i ask a stupid question please dont beat me over the head. I am wanting to install a surefire m600 ultra on my RRA LAR-15. It's a mid-length AR. I want to go with some form of a quad rail but dont know which is gonna be best. This gun is gonna be used for the pure fun of shooting and nothing else. No shooting events, just shooting around our land. Which system would be my best bet? Also, when i purchase these accessories i want to purchase both items from the same source. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and God bless.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If its just for plinking a G2X tactical will better suit your needs. You also really don't NEED a quad rail as well because it will just costs more money. Handguard Light Mount It will end up being cheaper this way for you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#2]
There are many places were you can get a light and a rail.  I tend to not like quad rails as they are bulky, heavy and most of the rail is unnecessary.  You can get something where you can just bolt on the rails or there are some where they have rail bits milled into the end.  Right now, if $$ is no object I would rock a BCM Keymod rail.  They are light, relatively slim and look great IMO.  You just put a rail section where you want the light and you are gtg.  Or there are a couple direct mount options for lights.  One thing I will say on the M600U is that they kind of stick out a ways from where they are mounted.  That mixed with the thin cross  section on them kind of concerns me as far as durability goes.  You'd probably be a few bucks a head by getting a regular flashlight from SF and getting some sort of mount.  Plus if you ever needed to take the light off of the gun it would be a tad more useful.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank y'all ( forgive that word, I'm from the South ) so much. I will take everything that I've been told and see what i can do. This gun is very special to me. We found out on February 7th that my dad had terminal liver cancer and he passed away on March 2nd. Thats only 23 days but i have almost 39 years of memories with him that cancer cannot touch!!! Anyways, for the past several years i paid my parents income taxes. Every one of those years i had planned to purchase an AR-15 but never could due to the income taxes. My father had a good amount of life insurance money that i never knew anything about. Nothing huge but it was enough to bury him and pay off some debt. He told my mother to buy me a AR with some of that money so i did. This gun will never be sold and will forever be passed down thru the generations to come. I am also wanting to find someone that can engrave something on my lower. Nothing dramatic, maybe something like his name along with his birthday as well as his day that he went to be with Jesus. If anyone has ever dealt with having a gun engraved please let me know what a good route to take for having that done is. Once again, Thank You and may God bless you.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top