Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/16/2014 4:08:03 PM EDT
Will the G2X work with an SR switch? I'm looking into buying my first set up. What do I need to make this work? thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You would need a XM tailcap, the one that comes on most 951's / 961's.  Should work then since the tailcap has the socket that you need to plug the SR07 in to.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You would need a XM tailcap, the one that comes on most 951's / 961's.  Should work then since the tailcap has the socket that you need to plug the SR07 in to.
View Quote

those tail caps do not jive with the G2X.  Tried it once just for giggles.  It was a no go.  SF says the the G2X isn't for weapon mounted use or some BS like that.  So it's no surprise that there isn't a tape switch option for it.  Supposedly there are some other brands that make pressure switches that will work but I haven't bothered to verify this.  I don't run a tape switch on any of my guns so its not an issue for me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  My mistake, I assumed it would work since the threads are the same and most Surefire tailcaps can be swapped.  I have all the parts and a G2X, but I guess I never actually tried putting them together to see if they would work.  

Quoted:

those tail caps do not jive with the G2X.  Tried it once just for giggles.  It was a no go.  SF says the the G2X isn't for weapon mounted use or some BS like that.  So it's no surprise that there isn't a tape switch option for it.  Supposedly there are some other brands that make pressure switches that will work but I haven't bothered to verify this.  I don't run a tape switch on any of my guns so its not an issue for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top