Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the bad one constant or momentary?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting. I have 5 of them and one is constantly going dead.
Is the bad one constant or momentary?  

It is momentary if I hold the button. Constant if I just click it. White/Ir version.. The others are the same I believe but not Ir.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two. Both are Haley Strategic single brightness, momentary only.

One is a year old and still on the first set of batteries.

The second one I ordered after seeing the thread about the 20% off sale at PSA- (thanks CountryGunner). My new light arrived Wednesday.  Today is Friday, and it's still as bright as it was then.

I don't like complicated weapon lights, so I didn't want the multi-function version. I'm happy, and they're still my favorite weapon light for a defensive carbine.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 1:10:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have two. Both are Haley Strategic single brightness, momentary only.

One is a year old and still on the first set of batteries.

The second one I ordered after seeing the thread about the 20% off sale at PSA- (thanks CountryGunner). My new light arrived Wednesday.  Today is Friday, and it's still as bright as it was then.

I don't like complicated weapon lights, so I didn't want the multi-function version. I'm happy, and they're still my favorite weapon light for a defensive carbine.
View Quote

Pretty much my story. Two of mine have been installed for over a year without a battery change (haven't used them much) and my third was just installed a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine have been good to go.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Those are momentary on only right? Maybe since mine is constant and momentary which may account for the difference.
View Quote

I have a constant on model that I have been using for the last 6months on the same battery, have had no drain
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 1:44:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

"We inform our customers in the instruction booklet to unscrew the headcap as to not drain the batteries. Even though the light is off, the circuitry is still connected to the battery if not unscrewed."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good question I am wondering the same thing. From what others have posted here, yes. Here is what Inforce said for the record:

"We inform our customers in the instruction booklet to unscrew the headcap as to not drain the batteries. Even though the light is off, the circuitry is still connected to the battery if not unscrewed."
That is a rather poor design and one reason why I sold the 2 WMLs I owned.  I can't remember which one, but one of them killed a couple batteries while stored.  Frack that.  I want a light that is ready to go FRN when I grab the rifle.

ETA: One multifunction model and one momentary-only model.

Exactly.

Link Posted: 5/20/2014 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I was thinking about getting one of these... I think I will be sticking with my TLR1s...
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:14:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a few WML's but my black HSP WML's switch did go out a while back. I simply contacted the company, told them my problem and a week later I had a new light. These things happen, people. Lemons make it through. None of mine eat batteries while not in use.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have a few WML's but my black HSP WML's switch did go out a while back. I simply contacted the company, told them my problem and a week later I had a new light. These things happen, people. Lemons make it through. None of mine eat batteries while not in use.
View Quote
Its not a lemon if they are saying that its normal and refuse to replace it.

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 4:54:10 AM EDT
[#11]
If it's normal why doesn't it do it on everybodys? It doesn't do it on my HSP model.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 3:59:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I really don't mind if I have to unscrew my cap less than a quarter of a turn to make sure it does not eat up battery.  It still stays very snug and the front portion definitely will not fall off in that position.  I would almost dare say that it is probably still waterproof at that point as well although I am not planning on testing that theory any time soon.  Is it really that hard to unscrew and then remember to screw the cap on every time you use it?  I keep mine on my AR that I use to hike throughout my 30 acres of woods as well as my home defense weapon and in the "unscrewed" position it has not budged.  When night comes around I just remain cognizant that if I need to turn on my light all I need to do is screw the cap on a bit and maybe take the finger lock off.  If I unscrew the cap however I usually tend to just keep the finger lock in the down position.  I dunno I am just a stupid 14er though, so what do I know....
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I really don't mind if I have to unscrew my cap less than a quarter of a turn to make sure it does not eat up battery.  It still stays very snug and the front portion definitely will not fall off in that position.  I would almost dare say that it is probably still waterproof at that point as well although I am not planning on testing that theory any time soon.  Is it really that hard to unscrew and then remember to screw the cap on every time you use it?  I keep mine on my AR that I use to hike throughout my 30 acres of woods as well as my home defense weapon and in the "unscrewed" position it has not budged.  When night comes around I just remain cognizant that if I need to turn on my light all I need to do is screw the cap on a bit and maybe take the finger lock off.  If I unscrew the cap however I usually tend to just keep the finger lock in the down position.  I dunno I am just a stupid 14er though, so what do I know....
View Quote

This is the way I look at it.

Your door is kicked in/window smashed at 2AM.

a) How confident are you that you'll remember to turn it 1/4 of a turn, no matter how loud the dog is barking/wife screaming/children crying?
b) Do you really want an extra step when someone is charging towards your bedroom?
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

For casual range use they will be fine. For self defense? There are a lot better options out there that don't run the risk of drained batteries.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't belittle yourself, the self-righteous only THINK they know better than everyone else.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
For casual range use they will be fine. For self defense? There are a lot better options out there that don't run the risk of drained batteries.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much my thoughts also
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#17]
No battery life issues with momentary only switch.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got a grey momentary on only WML that has ate 2 batteries pretty damn quickly.  Put it in safe and pull it out and either its completely dead or almost dead.  Hell the light itself when I got it was dead cause the cap was screwed on all the way.  Bout to toss it in the safe and put my TLR-1 back on my rifle.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No battery life issues with momentary only switch.
View Quote

Same here, works like a champ.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 11:55:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Just to update, my two three (forgot I bought another one) WMLs are still working fine on their original batteries
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I was just going to buy one. Are these good or not?
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was just going to buy one. Are these good or not?
View Quote

Speaking for myself, I like the multifunction white/IR ones I've got. It's a compact, lightweight, feature filled light at a good value.

I wish they didn't have the mystery, random battery drain and that Inforce would remedy the problem but, if I'm using it regularly it isn't really an issue. If I'm storing it, I just store it like I do all of my other electronics like my laser range finder, night vision, thermal, etc. - with the batteries disconnected in some manner.

If you need a "bump in the night" light and don't feel confident in having to rely on tightening the bezel before using it, you might want to look at other options. Maybe just go with one of the momentary models if it is what fills your needs.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I had to return my WMLX in to Infore, because my batteries were being drained without use.  Inforce was really cool, sent it back and got a new one in the mail the next week.  This problem only occurs with the new WMLX 500 lumen lights.  The plastic has to much of something in it that is cuasing the battery drain.  My new light is gtg, Inforce will take care of you if have this problem.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Is it just the IR version?? It looks like everyone in the thread that is having the problem has the IR version. So any non-IR lights doing this?? Anyone with the momentary only Haley WML HSP doing this??
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is it just the IR version?? It looks like everyone in the thread that is having the problem has the IR version. So any non-IR lights doing this?? Anyone with the momentary only Haley WML HSP doing this??
View Quote

All three of mine are HSPs with no problems.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it sounds like the IR lights are have this issue.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#28]
No, I have the momentary Haley WML.  It has about 60 seconds of use on it, and....a dead battery.  Def. a no go light for a defensive go to weapon.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Agree, I also find it lame that Haley backs it.  I mean, I guess it's fine for a storage weapon and if you remember to loosen the cap but...not for a grab and go defensive weapon.  Just my .02$
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No, I have the momentary Haley WML.  It has about 60 seconds of use on it, and....a dead battery.  Def. a no go light for a defensive go to weapon.
View Quote

60 seconds of light? You need a replacement.

Still no issues with my three.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Well this is disappointing. I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread before FOing on one of these. Neat little light but I don't want to spend 120+ and HOPE I get a WML that works properly.

Looks like I'll be picking up a Surefire G2X instead.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well this is disappointing. I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread before FOing on one of these. Neat little light but I don't want to spend 120+ and HOPE I get a WML that works properly.
View Quote

Surefire, Streamlight, 4Sevens and other popular brands have all had issues as well. Remember that the ones having problems are the most vocal, and they generally represent a minority.

The WMLs are my favorite weapon lights so far when coupled with an offset mount.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Surefire, Streamlight, 4Sevens and other popular brands have all had issues as well. Remember that the ones having problems are the most vocal, and they generally represent a minority.

The WMLs are my favorite weapon lights so far when coupled with an offset mount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I've never heard of a weapon light mentioned here that has such a high failure/defect rate.  Sounds like this product line belongs in a chicom airsoft catalog.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well I've never heard of a weapon light mentioned here that has such a high failure/defect rate.  Sounds like this product line belongs in a chicom airsoft catalog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This and the Surefire lights I have been looking at don't have active threads with 80+ posts regarding the subject.

I'm sure the WML is a nice light and I was leaning towards it before finding this thread. But with all of the other stuff I've been buying lately and what I plan on buying in the future, I can't really afford to drop 125 on a product that has a decent chance at being defective.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This and the Surefire lights I have been looking at don't have active threads with 80+ posts regarding the subject.

I'm sure the WML is a nice light and I was leaning towards it before finding this thread. But with all of the other stuff I've been buying lately and what I plan on buying in the future, I can't really afford to drop 125 on a product that has a decent chance at being defective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go look at Candlepowerforums instead of Arfcom, nobody is going to whine about the popular stuff here when they know they'll get laid into

Take every review with a giant grain of salt. I use what works for ME, even if it means having to buy more stuff.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Fwiw, I called inforce and they tried at first to tell me the same thing, that if it is going to be stored for any length of time, I need to unscrew the cap a quarter turn.  I then explained that this is unacceptable for a defensive weapon that may be used at any time on any evening.  They then said, "ok no problem, we'll send you out a box and you can ship it back and we'll take care of that and fix it for you".  It's almost like they know it's an issue but won't fix the defective ones unless you call and request it.  I really do like the light and consider it one of the best I have ever used as far as fit and function go and if this fixes it to where it won't drain when always screwed together I'll be one happy camper. I'll update the thread when I get the light back.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:02:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:  Fwiw, I called inforce and they tried at first to tell me the same thing, that if it is going to be stored for any length of time, I need to unscrew the cap a quarter turn.  I then explained that this is unacceptable for a defensive weapon that may be used at any time on any evening.  They then said, "ok no problem, we'll send you out a box and you can ship it back and we'll take care of that and fix it for you".  It's almost like they know it's an issue but won't fix the defective ones unless you call and request it.  I really do like the light and consider it one of the best I have ever used as far as fit and function go and if this fixes it to where it won't drain when always screwed together I'll be one happy camper. I'll update the thread when I get the light back.

Thanks everyone.
View Quote

Had a similar experience when I was in Iraq and lost my tailcap.  They wanted me to send the light in instead of me paying for a tailcap.  Their customer service is not the best.  I really like the light - can't recommend them.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Well I was just about to order the HSP WML, glad I found this thread before I did.

I understand that no company is perfect and that lemons will get through from time to time. A LARGE selling point for me is how that company handles it when it happens. Inforce seems to be seriously lacking in the cs department.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Mine has been good. I have the two cell 500 lumen model. I would expect a fix if not. Completely unacceptable for the batteries to just die when not on. I do love the ergonomics of the light. If I had to do it over again id get an Elzetta.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:11:37 AM EDT
[#42]
My WML eats batteries as well. Having to remember to turn the cap all the time and all that is BS. Guess it's back to my tlr1 until I can get them to admit its a problem and to fix the damn thing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm so glad I check this first.... I have two HSP ones with no problem and was about to order the WMLx until I read this.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#44]
The plastic is causing this problem?!
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Glad I found this thread. Was about to pull the trigger and buy one. Guess I'll stick with Surefire.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Those are momentary on only right? Maybe since mine is constant and momentary which may account for the difference.
View Quote

No problems out of mine.  I have the momentary and IR (non momentary) versions...no battery drain out of them.  I'd send it back and request a replacement.

Edit: just checked both to be sure...They're more of a JIC thing, i don't train at night (not now at least)  My IR is on the second battery in over a year.  momentary only is gtg too.  same battery for ~6 months.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Well, I've had a handful of Inforce lights and haven't had any issues outside the pistol mount crumbling from Loctite. Vibratite fixed that and it has been smooth sailing from there. I just picked up a WMLX and stuck a Surefire diffuser on it. Perfectly smooth and even wall of light for inside, pop off the diffuser for outside. I'm personally a fan of Inforce lights and haven't had any problems with batteries dying in any of my lights.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:09:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Well that blows. I'm glad I saw this. Was getting ready to order one tonight. Looked like a perfect light for my Tavor. That's unacceptable though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#49]
I bought the  Haley Strategic WML over a month ago off Amazon and so far the battery is holding a charge fine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Pulled mine out of the closet yesterday after over a year on the closet gun, still fine on the original battery.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top