Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2014 2:48:10 PM EDT
Hi, this is my first post,

So I just got my colt 6920 magpul. It comes with magpul MOE handguards and a magpul vertical forgrip. I happen to have an extra Surefire X300, because I got it for a good deal. My question is, what is a good way to mount my surefire X300 ultra? Should I buy a magpul scout mount? Or should I just buy a rail and mount it on that? I am right handed so I was thinking of putting it at the 9'oclock position on the rifle so I can activate it with my left hand on the vertical foregrip.

The magpul scoutmount looks like it will be in the 12'oclock position. Anyone have any experience with either?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Use this as an adapter:

Or check out IWC. They make stuff that can make anything bolt to anything.

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have my X300U mounted to my MOE handguard with a Magpul cantilever rail mount and it works great.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#4]

I enjoy my scout mount. I use a surefire x300. I liked it enough to use it on my sbr also.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the scout mount would be a better option.  Directly on a rail at 9 o'clock isn't very easy to engage when I tried it.  I had my TLR-1 on a scout mount when I was using an MOE handguard.  Still wasn't the most convenient place to turn the light on and off, but easier than directly at 9 o'clock.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top