Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2012 1:32:21 PM EDT
I just got a Surefire M951 and would like to offset mount it.

Does anyone know if the Gear Sector Scout Mounts work with the M951?

If not is there another type of offset mount that is compatable with this paticular light?
Link Posted: 5/24/2012 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Millennium lights are not compatible with scout mounts.

Your only option is a Danger Close Consulting scout mount and DCC millennium adapter. I believe you can only find them at Grey Group Training's store.

Google "de-bulking" the m952v and you'l get a handle on how they look.
Link Posted: 5/24/2012 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Impact Weapons Components and Travis Haley have designed an offset mount for the M900 & M620 Series lights based on our successful THORNTAIL Light Mount series.

Simple 2 piece CNC 6061-T6 Billet design places the light in the perfect position.

Price: $50.00

MOUNT-N-SLOT

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/mount-n-slot/THORNTAILMIL6202-1.jpg
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/mount-n-slot/THORNTAILMIL6201.jpg
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/mount-n-slot/THORNTAILMIL6203.jpg

Didn't know this was out. I remember you alluding to this a while back, didn't realize it was out. I'd go this route OP
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to everyone.

Mount-N-Slot, I just e-mailed you guys, got a super fast response and mailed payment off today for one.

I will post pics and a review of it after I get it in.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#5]
mount-n-slot, looks like a great design indeed. do you happen to have any pictures with the light attached?
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't know you could remove the mount from the body of the 951.  How do you do it?
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I didn't know you could remove the mount from the body of the 951.  How do you do it?

If it's the thumbscrew mount, there are 2 small screw opposite the thumbscrews. Take those out, and you can install another mount.

If it has the throw-lever, it uses 2 larger screws on the bottom.

All millennium light bodies have the screw holes for either style mounts.
Link Posted: 5/27/2012 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it's the thumbscrew mount, there are 2 small screw opposite the thumbscrews. Take those out, and you can install another mount.

If it has the throw-lever, it uses 2 larger screws on the bottom.

All millennium light bodies have the screw holes for either style mounts.

Very cool.  I always assumed the mounts were part of the bodies and couldn't be removed.  Thanks

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Thanks to everyone.

Mount-N-Slot, I just e-mailed you guys, got a super fast response and mailed payment off today for one.

I will post pics and a review of it after I get it in.

Did you get it yet?  I'm trying to be patient and wait for a review and pics before I jump on one myself.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top