Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2017 9:15:19 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations for an AR mag holster, and have some questions. Is it better to do single holsters and have two of them, single stack holster that is two holsters together side by side, or a double stack holster?

I've been looking at the Blade Tech Revolution double stack holster, but haven't made a final decision on it yet.

I'll be using this for 2gun shooting competitions.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:01:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I like to distribute the load weight along my belt.  

Double stacking two fully loaded mags at one point, ie. the Blade Tech you're referring to, would not suit me.

The way it protrudes out would also cause issue with a slung weapon becoming hung up.

Look at Kytex Gear.  

Very low profile and will securely hold GI or Magpul.

Two side by side is the way to go.

ETA. Kytex is less expensive and made in Texas.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been using a fast mag holster at work. Easy to pull the mag out, but holds it secure, even when rolling around on the ground.

I would not double stack them as it makes it harder to grab a single mag, pluss it would stick out quite a bit and probably get caught on every dorr frame I walked through... But having two side by side would not be a problem.

I only use one on my belt as my first reload. I carry two on my vest as my second and third reloads.

If I ever have to shoot more than 60 rounds, I am already in a really bad situation and will hopefully be behind some cover when I go for the third and fourth rifle mag...
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top