Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/18/2017 10:33:39 PM EDT
Hey y'all, like the title says, trying to decide between these stocks, hoping some arfy's have had some experience with them. Thanks folks!
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you putting it on? A description of it and your intended uses would help.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, sorry! AR, milspec bt, Reece build, quad picatinny rail, a little front heavy but plan on changing that in the near future. Mainly plinking and (hopefully not) home defense.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#3]
EMOD or SOPMOD is my choice on most of the builds depending on the specific rifle set-up.
I have tried the more minimalistic and low profile type stocks including PDW set-ups only to return to those two.
There is quite a difference between some of those listed stocks (ergonomics and features).

Depends on your use and needs really.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
EMOD or Sopmod for recce build.  IMOD for SBR
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:54:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I love the vltor imod/emod stocks.

The rubber butt pads negative toe really helps with maintaining a repeatable cheek weld by gripping and making it easier to place your stock in the correct spot of your shoulder pocket, the stocks lock up tightly on a variety of buffer tubes, you have storage and a nice cheek weld as well. Furthermore, the vltor stuff has been around for a long time and is tested and known to be quality. The strike industries stuff is in a different (lower) tier IMO
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I really liked the EMOD but when I tried the ACS I was hooked! Similar cheek weld as the EMOD but it just felt better not mention I add the extended buttpad which you can't do with the Vltor. All of my ARs have the ACS but most are precision based with optics...
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top