Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 9:15:47 PM EDT
Bought the Mission First Tactical Battlelink Minimalist Stock for my sons AR build and need to get him a stock. What has worked well for you? The QD spot is a little tricky. LMK Pics are appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I just sling right to the rear vertical slot for my minimalist stocks. Yes, the QD location sucks, and it's not rotation limited (huge PITA). I prefer to sling directly to rear of stock and front sling loop.
ETA: that stock's QD issue aside... they are my favorite and preferred stocks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just sling right to the rear vertical slot for my minimalist stocks. Yes, the QD location sucks, and it's not rotation limited (huge PITA). I prefer to sling directly to rear of stock and front sling loop.
ETA: that stock's QD issue aside... they are my favorite and preferred stocks.
View Quote
This.

Tomac

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Guys, I appreciate the help
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
What's that on the forearm in front of the VFG?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's that on the forearm in front of the VFG?
View Quote
MFT Torch nav light for when I want to get from Point A to Point B at night w/o blinding myself or broadcasting my location.
Two red and one white (5 lumens) low-level outputs. Lens is angled down slightly so it illuminates your path when the rifle is at low ready.

Tomac
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I have this stock coming and a Magpul MS4 sling. Further explanation on the QD issues with this stock would be greatly appreciated. Is the QD acceptable for recreational shooting and carrying?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have this stock coming and a Magpul MS4 sling. Further explanation on the QD issues with this stock would be greatly appreciated. Is the QD acceptable for recreational shooting and carrying?
View Quote
Sure. People used non RL (rotation limited) for years. It's just that RL is so much better (your sling doesn't twist up on you), and costs the same. Just about everything newer is RL now, and I wish MFT would get with the times.
It's a fantastic stock, though, and you won't be disappointed! They're still all I use.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sure. People used non RL (rotation limited) for years. It's just that RL is so much better (your sling doesn't twist up on you), and costs the same. Just about everything newer is RL now, and I wish MFT would get with the times.
It's a fantastic stock, though, and you won't be disappointed! They're still all I use.
View Quote
Awesome thanks. Should be arriving today! I do need to get a Keymod QD mount for my rail before I can mount the MS4.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:37:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Awesome thanks. Should be arriving today! I do need to get a Keymod QD mount for my rail before I can mount the MS4.
View Quote
That's totally up to you. Keymod will allow you use the slots, themselves, as a QD point, although it won't be RL either (if that's an issue for you). Or you can always add a keymod RL QD cup to it (check with Magpul, they have nice QD mounts). For a forward mount (on a railed handguard), I actually prefer to mount a Fortis RAP RL QD mount directly onto the top rail (it's 90* side QD) as it frees up my handguard so nothing gets in the way of my hand (moves the QD up top/side rather than directly on the side where my hand goes). Just something else for you to consider.
The endless array of QD mounts/locations/types for the AR is staggering, yet also nice that you can custom tailor things exactly as you want them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I was able to find a BCM Keymod QD mount locally. Mounted the Magpul MS4 as shown and it works great. Really happy with this set up. The Magpul MS1 sling is really comfortable and nice. The MS4 uses the MS1 sling with the MS4 QD adapters. The sling itself has the MS1 tag on it.

I also got the Magpul QD baseplate for the buffer tube as well for optional single point configuration. I don't really expect to use it though, unless I need to be taking the sling off the rifle quickly and single point makes that more convenient. Or if I want to leave the sling on and take the rifle off.

Link Posted: 6/14/2017 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was able to find a BCM Keymod QD mount locally. Mounted the Magpul MS4 as shown and it works great. Really happy with this set up. The Magpul MS1 sling is really comfortable and nice. The MS4 uses the MS1 sling with the MS4 QD adapters. The sling itself has the MS1 tag on it.

I also got the Magpul QD baseplate for the buffer tube as well for optional single point configuration. I don't really expect to use it though, unless I need to be taking the sling off the rifle quickly and single point makes that more convenient. Or if I want to leave the sling on and take the rifle off.

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s571/BladeCommander/6FACBD3F-503A-47C4-8AC8-3D02DB2B3CAA_zpse14ib7dw.jpg
View Quote
Hmm, Magpul must have switched things up then. The MS4 (that I had) had sewn in QD attachments (non removable). I switched to the MS1 for it's longer length (it was like 6-8" longer than the MS4) and it's versatility. I guess maybe Magpul just started using MS1 slings on all their combo set ups now? It would make sense, from a manufacturing standpoint.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:10:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Gear Sector 2 Point sling (green sling on 16" carbine)

I just got it within the last year and haven't thoroughly "tested" it to determine if it will remain mounted exactly the way it is now.
I don't care for the popular brand of sling(s) that all the cool kids use - too big, bulky, etc.
I took a chance on this after reading some reviews and I like it well enough to have started putting one on several of my rifles.
The front of the sling is attached to the A2 sight using a GG&G Sling Thing front mount.

Sheriff of Baghdad sling in limited edition Kryptek Yeti pattern (I thought it was going to be more grey than white)
I don't really care for this sling. Good enough for a range toy though.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top