Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2017 6:55:56 PM EDT
Looking to install a sling on my AR. Probably going with a 2-point sling, but have a question regarding the attachment at the stock end. I have a Magpyl ACS-L stock, and it has a slot for a strap as well as a mounting location for a QD attachment. I've seen some straps installed in the slot, some that use a QD attachment, and several that mount to connections on the received end plate. Just wondering which method seems to work the best for a 2-point sling.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the sling qd mounts, being able to remove the sling easily for storage is nice. But only good quality qd like larue, bcm, iwc

I like my sling mounts in the right side(ejection side) of the rear of the stock, and the left side of the hand guard near the receiver.

The receiver end plate mount is more for a single point sling imo
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#2]
You're going to get a million different answers, as sling set up is a very personal preference. I prefer NO attachments, 2 pt, slung to front swivel and rear stock slot. Some prefer closer front point, and receiver end plate, some QD's, some not, etc...  There are a LOT of different ways to set up a sling (although single point seems to just use end plate). I'd suggest trying a few cheaper options until you find what works best for you, then ditch the cheap stuff and replace with quality gear.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:48:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer rear of receiver so I can swap between single and 2 point modes. If dedicated 2 point, rear of stock. I find no advantage of running outside of stock but it makes it a lot harder to fix if it gets twisted being on the far side, tried it and went back to same side. Up front, rear of rail. It keeps the sling from delaying transitions or interfering with light activation. With it mounted up front you have to hold the rail and the sling to avoid these which I do not prefer.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#4]
For carbines, I like the sling mounts just forward and aft of the receiver.  This gives you mobility close to a single point sling but you don't get wacked in the nuts when you transition.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I run a 1 point in winter time using an ASAP plate and magpul single point.
In summer I run a 2 point qd with attatchment points being just forward of the receiver on the left side and the buttstock qd point on the ejection side, as described above.
The winter one gives me more movement with heavy clothes especially if I run the sling UNDER a jacket and I can take it off very quickly and attatch it just as quickly.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top