Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/15/2017 11:47:02 PM EDT
I am wanting to get a basic non-free float rail to take the place of factory HGs. I have a DD Omega 7" on one of my builds, and it is extremely nice, but expensive! Anybody have any experience with this https://www.armsunlimited.com/Troy-Industries-7-Drop-In-Quad-Rail-p/srai-mrf-d7bt-00.htm particular rail? Seems like a good price. My main question is does it lock up tightly after installation?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:09:41 AM EDT
[#1]
bought one used off a nephew, locks up very tight,no play or looseness. I usually free float everything  I own but this  one
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#2]
If not freefloated, why even bother with a rail? It's just excess weight and expense.

I'd rather have Magpul hand gaurds, which you can still mount accessories to

Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
bought one used off a nephew, locks up very tight,no play or looseness. I usually free float everything  I own but this  one
View Quote
I have one and agree.   It locks up very tight with no play.  Get some rail covers.   It's not as light as magpul stuff but this thing is rock solid.   I love it.  Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I have had the Midwest Industries small drop in which is similar to that Troy. Good solid drop in that was priced well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Those Troy rails will take a beating and never hiccup, but they're HEAVY compared to the other options on the market. I've got a little longer version and I love it, but you could easily end up with an 8+lb carbine if you aren't careful.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top