Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2017 2:56:48 PM EDT
Rifle in question.  

QD attachment point on the stock, nothing as of yet on the rail.  

Was thinking about getting the dual QD magpul sling, and adding a BCM keymod QD adapter to the rail, but its been a good while since I've looked at slings and figured I'd see if there was anything better for the money.  

Untitled by Shift_Six, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
1 vote for the Magpul MS4
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
proctor way of the gun sling.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Sir I hereby revoke your IUID label on this not clone heathen rifle.

BFG VCAS and don't look back.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sir I hereby revoke your IUID label on this not clone heathen rifle.

BFG VCAS and don't look back.
View Quote
 Damnit someone noticed haha  

Funny story.  So I had a Noveske flaired magwell lower and regular forged Noveske N4 lower which was going to be for my CQBR clone, and got the IUID label for it... Turns out the regular forged lower was out of spec and had to be sent back...  So I did the SBR paperwork for the flaired magwell one as I am impatient.

Now I have a failed clone attempt with a flaired mag lower, and a IUID label for a lower S/N I dont own anymore as Noveske swapped it out.       Slapped the sticker on the replacement one with the hopes of SBR'ing it one day, but I doubt it'll happen now and I scraped the sticker off last night after the photo.  

Once the lower was wrong on the clone, I bought a TA33G-H for it and said fuck it lol  But it still hurts every day that it isnt correct

KWG_5849 by Shift_Six, on Flickr

TLDR:  Thanks to stupid laws I cant swap the uppers onto their correct lowers with out a lot of waiting, new paperwork, and paying $200
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Edit: doubled
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I like my Haley Strategic Sling. It's super light and doesn't get caught up on gear (may or may not be important to you) however I wish it had a bit more padding. The Ferro Conepts Slingster is what I'm going to try next.

You can't go wrong with Blue Force Gear or Magpul though. I have MS3, BFG, and Haley and really don't care which I use.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the VTAC sling.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Magpul padded. The best.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
VTAC Bungee.

Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Blue force gear
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#11]
V-tac or magpul.
I have 2 of each.

My SBR's get the magpuls and full size guns get the V-tac's as I feel they distribute the weight better.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#12]
2 point with front qd mount, rear laced through the stock. You can then use the stock qd to run as single point.

I prefer BFG to keep all my rifles on the same page but many others work well too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
2 point with front qd mount, rear laced through the stock. You can then use the stock qd to run as single point.

I prefer BFG to keep all my rifles on the same page but many others work well too.
View Quote
Why not just do the Magpul MS4 with dual QD snaps?  I could plug into the stock, rail adapter, or the sling its self to make it a single point should I ever need.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Why not just do the Magpul MS4 with dual QD snaps?  I could plug into the stock, rail adapter, or the sling its self to make it a single point should I ever need.
View Quote
Exactly.  MS4 works great for QD socket setups.  It adjusts very easily.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Exactly.  MS4 works great for QD socket setups.  It adjusts very easily.
View Quote
Sold.  

Random question time:

How close is Sniper Gray to Larue's UDE?  

Probably better off asking the Larue forum
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#17]
You guys don't find the MS4 'tail' to be a bit short?

I was playing with some triglides and webbing to duplicate these various slings and find that the longer length of the Haley seems better.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#18]
VTac > Blue force
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Great light weight sling!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:54:51 PM EDT
[#21]
VTAC bungee is what I run now.  Just wish the adjustment was more like the VCAS.  It's good, just the BFG VCAS is better
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Magpul MS1 with the connection types you prefer.  I've used several different brands/types of slings.

The MS1 is the best for me so far.  Simple, 1/2 point options, quality materials and design.  And the flexibility of end points.

mm
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was playing with some triglides and webbing to duplicate these various slings and find that the longer length of the Haley seems better.
View Quote
Not sure, but I believe there is a Gen 1 and Gen 2 version of the MS4, the latter with a longer tail section.  Mine seems plenty long.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Too short?! No, I find it's way too long. Like, I have about three feet extra when it's properly adjusted. I've held off on cutting it so far, until I can use it for a time and make sure I've got it adjusted right and can convert it from one to two point and weak side shooting. I live in the barracks, so I have to keep my guns at another Marine's house and can't "play" with them whenever I like.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:42:45 AM EDT
[#25]
My preferred set up is 2pt, ZERO attachments (slung to rifle using sling stock/sling loops). Even on the few rifles I have that are set up for QD, they are also 2pt.
The only slings I use anymore are Magpul MS1's (which are also much longer than other MS series).
My preference for 2 pt (adjustable) is that you can sling front or back, which means they are excellent at both worlds (hands free either way, plus being able to sling up tight on back for longer travels).
My preference for NO attachments is because you can't break something that isn't there. If you don't NEED an attachment there (most do not, they just do so because it's "cool" or for convenience so they can take it off 2 minutes quicker), then you not only save money by not using them, you also have MUCH higher dependability.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:29:15 AM EDT
[#26]
BFG non padded ftw.

No brainer
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:10:10 AM EDT
[#27]
VTAC padded.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:09:40 AM EDT
[#28]
If it is a defensive serious use sling just make sure it has no bungee. That makes it a hazard if you get into a weapon retention struggle and also it reduces control and stability when you transition and let the rifle hang and are on the move. The choice between VTAC and a VCAS sling is one of adjust-ability vs simplicity. VTAC has more adjustment, but has two features to grab and move for in or out with a dangling end but it adjusts 1 to 1 with the movement you put in. The Vickers has one point to grab to adjust in or out and no loose dangling end, but since it doubles back over it moves 1:2 so has half the adjustment per unit of input. The VTAC is better if you want to cinch it up tight on your back. The VCAS is better if you will never put the rifle on your back or favor simplicity. Padding has no real place on a lightweight defensive carbine sling and just limits adjust-ability, especially on a Vickers, where adjustment is limited anyway. If you need padding IMO your rifle is too heavy, address that instead. Oddly, I have a padded VCAS on my duty work gun, but hate it, for the reasons above. That rifle is too heavy too, which I really need to address. At this point I have 5 slings and 4 of them are Vickers, 3 unpadded.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Magpul MS1 !!  Simple, quality, great design and options for end points.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

No fixed attachment points, no additional hardware needed, minimalist, lightweight, and idiot proof. Also only ~$30
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I just made this same decision myself.

I really looked at the Magpul MS4 but really wanted a padded sling. I ended up finding a VTAC on sale and put 2 Magpul QD swivels on it. With the sale it came out to almost the same as MSRP on the MS4.
I'm pretty happy with it.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top