Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2017 10:45:56 PM EDT
Sorry, no pics, no idea how to post them from my phone, I tried.

I love the BCM Mod-3 vert grips but not a Keymod  fan.
Have a few Pic rail mounted but don't care for how far off the hand guard they mount.
Bought a couple Keymod versions determined to convert them to M-Lok hoping the be able to mount the grip flush to the hand guard like mounting the Keymod grip to Keymod.

Basically just disassemble the grip to it's individual parts.
The top "plate" pops out of the grip with minimal force.
Purchase a #10-24 x 1 inch allen head bolt and a washer. Washer should be as big OD as possible and still fit into the grip.
"Procure" one M-Lok nut.
You will need to SLIGHTLY file a little bit of each side of the "nubs" off of the grip to fit into the M-LOK slots. I did this with a wood file, took less than 30 seconds.
Place the washer on the bolt, insert bolt into grip, place a drop of blue loc-tite on threads, start the M-LOK nut on the bolt a few threads.
The slightly tricky part is making the M-LOK nut correctly anchor in the hand guard.
Once mounted it is plenty solid considering it only has one bolt/nut holding it.
The grip now fits flush with the hand guard.

Hopefully BCM will eventually make a purpose built version with two bolts.

Again, sorry for no pics but if you have one of the grips it is very simple to follow the instructions to mod one.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the idea.

Posting pics has never been easier. How is it you guys can't figure out the simplest shit?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to post using a digi camera and photobucket with no problems.
Camera broke and never replaced.
Tried posting from the phone numerous time with no luck.
Tried loading PB on my phone, not enough memory to do so.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
At the bottom of the text box you'll see two buttons. One says select file and the other is upload. Click select file then a box pops up. Click on photo library. Select the pic you want then click on the upload button. Once your pic is uploaded a URL line will pop up in the post text box.

I just switched my phone over to mobile site to post this pic using those exact directions.

Attachment Attached File

You can do the same on the full site option which is what I prefer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:18:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.
I'll try to figure it out but I'm an idiot when it comes to that stuff.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:23:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Tried from my phone.

I get "Error #-600: File Size Error"

I have no idea what 3MB or JPG means.
I'm sure it is all simple stuff to most of you guys, I don't live in that world.
Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tried from my phone.

View Quote

Pic must be too large data wise. There is a 3mb limit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I did the opposite. I converted magpul m lock covers and forgrip to keymod.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#8]
How secure is it really? What happens if you grab it and try twisting it? I bought one on ebay and it also only uses one bolt and I can't get it tight enough to really be secure.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I have no issues with how solid it mounts.
I was concerned about the one bolt but it has proven GTG so far.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tried from my phone.

I have no idea what 3MB or JPG means.
I'm sure it is all simple stuff to most of you guys, I don't live in that world.
Sorry.
View Quote
3MB is the size of the photo. 3 megabytes. The bigger the number, the larger the photo will be and some sites have limits on the size of photos they allow to be uploaded.

JPG is the file format, like a label on a box that tells the computer how to interpret the data contained within the box. JPG / JPEG is a type of image file, just like PNG, BMP, TIFF, GIF, and so on.

Neither of those are particularly necessary to know at this moment.

What kind of phone do you have?

If you have an Android download this application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.moosen.imgur
If you have an iPhone download this application: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/upit/id718082759?mt=8
If you have a Blackberry: People still use these?

Install the app linked above for whatever phone you have, select your photo from within the application's upload feature which should be easy enough to figure out, and follow the on screen instructions to upload your photo. If you're using the iPhone application Upit, move the slider to the left to resize the photo so both numbers under 1000 or so.

They'll both provide direct link URLs immediately after uploading that will look something like this:  http://i.imgur.com/FvG28s2.jpg

Copy and paste those URLs into the text box here.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top