Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2017 9:46:00 AM EDT
I have another question. What brands of two point slings do you run? I've been looking at the magpul sling and the vickers sling from blue force gear. The magpul sling is good but I wanted to know what you guys run.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Those are the best 2 options in my opinion.
I currently have 2 of each.
Easy and fast to adjust.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Vtac padded - IMO the best 2 point out there. the larue version comes with included sling qd's or you can get the standard sling with out them and add them later if you want them. Very long sling with a lot of material for adjustments.

The magpul ms4 is also nice and my second choice. I like the ability to convert to single point quickly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both!  I have two Blue Force and a Viking Tactics.  I like the Blue Force, easy to use.

Edit:  I have the Blue Force.  Check out the Viking Tactics.  They are similar and priced about the same.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]
WOTG Proctor Sling. Simplistic, lightweight, ~$30, and no additional hardware needed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Tactical Link.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Blue Force Gear VCAS
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I use Blue Force, Magpul and Viking Tactics. I get mine off guns that are traded in at a local shop. $10 buys me whatever I want, which beats the fuck out of $50 for some nylon and plastic, so I'm not all that choosy among those three designs. Looking at a WOTG Proctor, if all you want to do is carry the gun it's probably fine.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#8]
If you mostly just carry the gun with nothing else get the vickers padded sling.

If you run a plate carrier or something else that will stop the sling from digging into you then run the Magpul.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Vtac padded - IMO the best 2 point out there. the larue version comes with included sling qd's or you can get the standard sling with out them and add them later if you want them. Very long sling with a lot of material for adjustments.

The magpul ms4 is also nice and my second choice. I like the ability to convert to single point quickly.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Those are the best 2 options in my opinion.
I currently have 2 of each.
Easy and fast to adjust.
View Quote
Vickers VTAC
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Blue Force VCAS with the 2 to 1 adapter or Viking Tactics with the 2 to 1 is what I've been using for quite some time and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I have Vickers and Blue Force. I don't like the blue force as well because it is not as quick and easy to slide tight, and plus the nylon is very stiff. The Vickers works beautifully, but the metal latch does scratch the receiver if you're not careful.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm old school when it comes to slings. I like leather 1903 style slings when shooting from positions and simple $6.00 silent slings with metal (never plastic) keepers for carrying rifles any distance.

I hate single point slings, I feel they're near worthless.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I use both Magpul MS1 slings and have recently bought a couple Vickers slings. I like them equally.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:28:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Ended up with the larue padded vtac for myself after looking at most of the options available.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I like my VTAC padded with rubber pull tab a lot but would like to try a Savvy Sniper.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm old school when it comes to slings. I like leather 1903 style slings when shooting from positions and simple $6.00 silent slings with metal (never plastic) keepers for carrying rifles any distance.

View Quote

Mine is a 1945-dated green canvas GI carrying strap w/ 550 cord loops. Quiet, reasonably soft, and simple.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Magpul MS1, it's on all my AR's. It does everything I need a sling to do.

Tomac
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Frank Proctor WOTG sling. I put qd's on my mine.  Best sling I've used so far.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Really hard to beat the highly adaptable and modifiable Magpul MS series for a carry sling.

If you should need a true military tight shooting sling, look at the leather one hand adjustable Brownells Latigo, though.  Superb for when you actually want to sling up for real shooting support.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm quite happy with my vcas and vtac. They both have their pros/cons, but are overall good slings.

Check out the "slings and other accessories" forum at the bottom.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I went to Brownells and they say the Proctor sling has been discontinued

Anyone know if that is the case and if so, why?  Problem? Not selling?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If you mostly just carry the gun with nothing else get the vickers padded sling.

If you run a plate carrier or something else that will stop the sling from digging into you then run the Magpul.
View Quote

Magpul does make a padded version of the MS sling.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#25]
MS-1
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
WOTG Proctor Sling. Simplistic, lightweight, ~$30, and no additional hardware needed.
View Quote

Have one and really like how simple it is. I did sew a loop on the adjustment buckle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

BCM still sells them Proctor Sling
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOTG is still selling them as well http://www.wayofthegun.us/rifle-gear/ 
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Vtac padded is all I use.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#31]
My new favorite is the VTAC bungee.  BFG VCAS is damn good too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:09:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm with you, 24 years in the Infantry has spoiled me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#33]
disclaimer: I do not operate - operationally or otherwise.

I was looking for something "not bulky" and everyone told me I had to get the (insert the name everyone suggests).
Someone lent me one - I can't actually recall if it was the #1 brand or #2 brand that is always suggested, but I didn't care for it.

I tried a Sheriff of Baghdad B-Sling. Meh - not impressed. The webbing is thin and "hard" - not comfy.

I then saw some good reviews on the Gear Sector 2 point and saw one on sale so I tried it. I like it.
The sling material is "soft" and flexible. The many options for end point connections are nice too.
I bought a second one and will probably stick with this sling for others so that they are all the same.

I did also get a Frank Proctor sling and I think it's a good sling for the right application.
It's ideal for those on a budget because it requires no attachment points to be purchased and added. Just loop the paracord through and it's mounted.
I wouldn't necessarily think it would be ideal for a large, heavy fighting gun, but it's perfect for my AR pistol. I just wanted a simple, light, unobtrusive sling and it fits the bill.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Magpul MS1 are the only slings I use anymore. They do everything I want (bonus the MS1 is longer than the other MS series), and nothing I don't want. It's stupid simple, durable, and I can chose whatever attachment I want to use. Oh, and it's budget too
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top