Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2017 1:03:39 AM EDT
Does anyone just attach thier 2 point sling to both sides of an ambi end plate rather than using a dedicated single point sling or attaching a 2/1 sling end back to the sling? If that makes sense. So why take the 2/1 sling and attach the end of the sling back to itself rather than just attaching it to the other side of the end plate?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
It gets a bit congested, but it's handy for moments when you're dicking with shit 2 handed, and an SBR wants to get horizontal on you in 2 point, primarily an issue when bent forward..
I actually prefer outside rear of stock and inside rear of handguard for short rigs and about 2/3rds forward on the handguard for long rigs.  When I need an SBR to hang down straight for a while I'll shift the front HK hook to a SLAP plate at the back of the receiver and cinch up a bit, and it's still quite shootable.  Placing the rear attachment on the outside keeps the sling out of my face and gives plenty of slack for support side shouldering without getting choked by the sling.

Stand by for a lot of opinions.

You can see how it's arranged with the endplate option here.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:35:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I assume the "2/1" sling attachment you're talking about is something like a Magpul ASAP. I didn't really like it, made too much damn noises/rattles when the HK hook slides back and forth. I prefer the standard HK 2 slots attachment, they just work.

Not getting into any argument, but on all my carbines, I run my attachment on the back-end plate (not stock) because I want my rifle to sit higher on my chest. I hate moving around with it banging against my knee cap.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:03:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does anyone just attach thier 2 point sling to both sides of an ambi end plate rather than using a dedicated single point sling or attaching a 2/1 sling end back to the sling? If that makes sense. So why take the 2/1 sling and attach the end of the sling back to itself rather than just attaching it to the other side of the end plate?
View Quote

Because some people can't remember which side it which, and that makes a big difference when converting back to a two point sling.

Also, most of the popular QD endplates only have a single attachment point, so it is harder to attach two things to it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:54:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I assume the "2/1" sling attachment you're talking about is something like a Magpul ASAP. I didn't really like it, made too much damn noises/rattles when the HK hook slides back and forth. I prefer the standard HK 2 slots attachment, they just work.

Not getting into any argument, but on all my carbines, I run my attachment on the back-end plate (not stock) because I want my rifle to sit higher on my chest. I hate moving around with it banging against my knee cap.
View Quote
Being pretty short, I definitely get that last bit, but I don't find any real difference when either setup is adjusted to be shoulderable.  But with sling attachment at the rear of the stock, the butt is less likely to pull the sling around your body or smack you in the face, imo.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because the 221 sling mount is for a standard single sling point QD at rear of receiver. If you have the ability to run in an ambi fixed point that is a viable option. The whole reason I run 221 is because a 2 point sucks in a vehicle. When I get out, I go to a 2 point configuration. I might prefer an ambi QD socket,  but my concern would be stock interference in closed position or in accidental QD button press with my rifle laying on my gear on my chest. Perhaps an unrealistic concern.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top