Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2017 10:29:21 AM EDT
Hello,

Does there exist a panel of PALS webbing that rides on the upper chest, over the sternum?
I created this quick mockup:

Everything I've seen covers the abdomen.

There are "admin pouches" that are meant to be placed in that upper area, but it seems like they are meant to be strapped on to a regular fullsize chest rig.  I want something just like the pic I posted: a single panel that rides high with the most basic of straps to keep it in place.
The purpose is for carrying frequently-accessed tools at work, not gun-related use.  So it can be airsoft grade.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
What about a Hill People Gear Kit Bag? I don't have any personal experience but I've heard good things about them on here. It's not a MOLLE panel, but you can get the version with the MOLLE on the outside.

eta: Maybe you could use their Runner's Harness to rig something up?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya, the Runner's Kit Bag is close but still a little overbuilt for what I'm looking for.  I emailed them my mockup picture to see what they thought.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I suppose I could add my own straps to things like these:

http://www.geardynamics.ca/products/pals-panel

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2015/02/17/shaddox-tactical-velcro-one-wrap-adaptable-pals-panel/
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the Haley Strategic DC3RX or the rig from Spiritus systems too low?
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the Haley Strategic DC3RX or the rig from Spiritus systems too low?
View Quote

Haley's has too many pockets, and the Spiritus rig looks good, thanks for the tip (espcially with the skinny straps!).  
The SOE PALS Micro Rig is another close call.

I've also just found the HSGI Chest Platform which I think might be the closest I'm going to get.
With the simple H-harness of the HSGI, it looks like if I connect that back "h" strap to the lower side clips instead of the upper side clips, then I can cinch the shoulder straps up enough where the lower side clips are at armpit level.
The TT and the SOE have that criss-cross shoulder strap configuration which looks like it might ride funny if I change the attachment points.

The HSGI:

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top