Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2017 3:58:27 PM EDT
I'm trying to decide on a Keymod panel cover as an addition for grip.  

Has anyone used these and have comments on them.  
BCM­® KeyMod™ Rail Panel Kit, 5.5-inch WOLF GRAY
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-KeyMod-Rail-Panel-Kit-5-5-inch-WOLF-GRAY-p/bcm-kmr-rp-wg-5.htm

Not looking to cover my hand guard completely just one row down each side, 3-6-9 locations.
I like the thought of these, in thickness (not looking for bulk), ease of use install/removal, and looks but not sure of colors.  
I Really wanted OD green (they don't make) gray might work alright for me but can't really find any good photos of what they look like.  Anyone have a pic they don't mind posting of the gray.  

If you know of an OD green panel that's similar to these from another company please post.  

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
hotlinked

I have quite a few of them. I like them a lot, minimal weight and nice texturing, they are easy to put on and stay put with heavy use. If you get the tan ones they'd probably go with your OD furniture better, especially once they get a little dirty with use.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks that was one question I forgot to ask about how they handle dirt and hold up to oil grime etc........  
Right now my gun is all black no other colors, was looking at the color option to mix things a bit but don't want grime look.  
Black and texture difference just might be the winner!

Really appreciate the feedback.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a set. Got them in black from the LGS. They seem pretty good so far.

They hold paint well.

Needed a gentle tap from a soft face hammer to get the last bit seated. May be from paint inside the key holes, may just be large to accommodate for tolerance stacking and wear, idk.

Haven't even considered working loose.

Don't seem to hold much dirt. Not that I rub junk into them, but my hands aren't always the cleanest at the outdoor range.

Texture is good even with paint on them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Needed a gentle tap from a soft face hammer to get the last bit seated. May be from paint inside the key holes, may just be large to accommodate for tolerance stacking and wear, idk.
View Quote

Not sure why this person needed a hammer, I was able to push firmly and seat the ends.

They are fairly easy to cut, the trick is not cutting more than you intend and keeping a straight edge. I love mine, highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I love the looks of them and seem like the price is right as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not sure why this person needed a hammer, I was able to push firmly and seat the ends.

They are fairly easy to cut, the trick is not cutting more than you intend and keeping a straight edge. I love mine, highly recommend them.
View Quote

It's not like I *needed* the hammer, but a gentle tap took a lot less effort than pressing super hard with my thumbs... it was already sitting on the gun table, so why not?

I like the things. Will buy again if needed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I really like the BCM KeyMod panel covers.  They are economical, fit snug and have a great texture.  I have asked BCM to produce them for M-LOK in the future. They would be the best panel covers available for M-LOK. Similar options for M-LOK don't work nearly as well as the BCM covers for KeyMod, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I really like the BCM KeyMod panel covers.  They are economical, fit snug and have a great texture.  I have asked BCM to produce them for M-LOK in the future. They would be the best panel covers available for M-LOK. Similar options for M-LOK don't work nearly as well as the BCM covers for KeyMod, IMO.
View Quote
Agreed.  I use the Magpul type 2 for M-LOK and they work well enough.  I like that I can mix and match colors.  I like the BCM KeyMod covers much better though. 
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I have them on 3 rifles, I like the texture and how slim they are.

I rit dyed 2 sets to match my magpul furniture better, worked pretty well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Funny, I've been looking for just this for my LaRue handguard, without luck? Seems every handguard manufacture does his own thing, like finding parts for a Chevy from a Ford junk yard?
Steve
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got them on my SBR

Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:22:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agree 100%
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#13]
The Noveske panels are also nice
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:51:38 PM EDT
[#14]
The BCM panels are great. They can also be trimmed up with an exacto knife and lightly sanded, to make them fit smaller areas..

I used them on this SBR I put together for my brother..

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I really like them but they don't do much for heat. If I fire a few mags fast while doing drills it gets pretty hot. I switched to the KAC panels and it helped quite a bit.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top