Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2016 1:58:51 AM EDT
Reading reviews online, some found the mounting screws to be a little short on certain rails. Anyone tried the BCM mount on a UTG Pro Keymod rail? Did it work without any modifications?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a BCM QD sling mount, but I have a BCM KMR-A rail and not the UTG rail. It could be possible that those reviewers have the screw set either too short or too long (and therefore drops out) when they were installing. The Keymod Sling Mount (KMSM) has a little piece of metal that goes onto the slot in front of the hole you are using for your sling. If it is too short that protrusion underneath will not make it over the rail and into the hole, and too long I already mentioned. See picture (from the BCM website) about that little piece of metal I was talking about.

That nub prevents travel rearward, while those screws (which are long enough to work, short enough to sit flush if torqued properly) prevent forward travel. I can not speak on the quality of the UTG rail, but these BCM sling mounts are good to go, I love mine:

Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I can confirm UTG pro and BCM are GTG

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the V7 variation of the qd mount and I had issues with my rail and the qd lining up. As soon as I would snug it up I was un able to get the qd attachment to go into the qd mount. I ended up grinding the rail slightly. I haven't had any issues since but I was disappointed and I don't plan on buying another one. For my other gun like I wanted to.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the V7 variation of the qd mount and I had issues with my rail and the qd lining up. As soon as I would snug it up I was un able to get the qd attachment to go into the qd mount. I ended up grinding the rail slightly. I haven't had any issues since but I was disappointed and I don't plan on buying another one. For my other gun like I wanted to.
View Quote

What rail? Do you have a picture of the mod you had to perform?
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't call it a mod literally I just took a file to the round part of the keymod hole to make it work. It could be that the rail I am using is out of spec and the mount is not the issue.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Everything I have tried fit on the rail. My problem with short screws was the ones to mount the rail on to the barrel nut.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top