Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2016 10:52:21 PM EDT
I just installed an HK G3 3 pt sling on my HK 91.  It is brilliant.  I don't often see 3pt slings on AR pattern rifles.    I think I would  like to try a 3pt on my Sig MPX. Anyone use  a 3 Pt sling on their rifle?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a big fan, I prefer 2 point on everything.

Couple friends of mine have the same opinion.

Rifle slings

3 point slings
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
3pt slings were the hotness up till 2005 or so. Since then, they've fallen out of vogue in favor of the adjustable 2 points.

If you like it, rock out with it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:08:42 AM EDT
[#3]
3 points are great, but only work well on longer guns. On Carbine or shorter 2 points are pretty hot.  

Where three points really shine, is when you work with a rifle slung for a job.  They can be rigged a few different ways, slung a few different ways.  I.E. slung one way, the rifle falls to the front, the other shoulder you can throw it away from you and it zips back and around behind you and kind of cinches in so you can mess with stuff or people on the ground without the rifle dangling all over.  Mine is set up so I can also use it as a parade sling" and even as a hasty support sling like a traditional sling.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#4]
1999 called and they want their sling back. The HK sling was ok for back then
2 pt sling offer much more versatility
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:01:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the horizontal carry option 3 point slings offer.
Quick to bring up on target, quick to ditch and transition to pistol, comfortable for long term travel.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top