Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2016 4:13:31 PM EDT
I have a S&W MP15 Sport II (all stock).  I would like to use a bipod and I narrowed down my choices for accomplishing this:

A:  Replace the OEM handguard with this - http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=Mounting%20Systems&itemno=MTU001

B:  Attach a Picatinny rail to the OEM handguard.

I'm not looking to dress up the AR with lights/lasers, etc. I would just like the option of attaching a bipod.  I would prefer keeping the OEM handguard but can't find a rail that will attach to it.
Any suggestions???    Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
On SW site it looks like that model has a bayonet lug on front sight.
google bayonet lug bipod mount
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
pretty popular to swap out the standard handguards for a drop in set.  The UTG pro will probably be ok.  Many other companies make drop in sets as well, i would take a look at Midwest industries.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Magpul and G,G, & G sell rail sections that  bolt up to standard handguards with no modification. I have ran them with lights and forward grips without issue.
Magpul MOE polymer rails.
https://www.magpul.com/products/firearms-accessories/rails-and-accessories/moe-polymer-rail-5-slots
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
pretty popular to swap out the standard handguards for a drop in set.  The UTG pro will probably be ok.  Many other companies make drop in sets as well, i would take a look at Midwest industries.
View Quote
Best bang for the buck from what I hear. A guy at my LGS told me about ALG and they're very reasonably priced as well...super light too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I know its alittle late response. But when i had A2 handguards on my AR, i wanted to attach a bipod as well and found a sling stud the screwed into the existing vent holes of the handguard. Worked pretty well for just holding the bipod.

You can find them on MidwayUSA. Harris Bipod Adapter Stud #5. Part# 40411
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:00:51 AM EDT
[#6]
My vote goes for Mlok MOE handguard. Add a Mlok rail or bipod attachment as needed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, sent you a IM
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have a S&W MP15 Sport II (all stock).  I would like to use a bipod and I narrowed down my choices for accomplishing this:
I'm not looking to dress up the AR with lights/lasers, etc. I would just like the option of attaching a bipod.  I would prefer keeping the OEM handguard but can't find a rail that will attach to it.

Any suggestions???    Thank you.
View Quote
This is what I use, and the best option. Low profile, no sharp edges, and hardly noticeable when the bipod is removed.

Remove the lower heat shields to install. Bolts right up.
I've been using them. I've bought MANY and use them for numerous applications.
Shipping is ridiculous. Order minimum of three. You'll use them later ;)

https://troyind.com/products/grip-mount-low-profile-2-blk

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#9]
JB weld and small screws are your friend when it comes to "adding things" to OEM.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top