Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2016 11:07:00 PM EDT
First off, I would like to avoid this thread turning into yet another forum about the ethical issues surrounding these products, the protection of IP, or Chinese made products (counterfeit or otherwise).  To that effect, I have read that B&T has licensed the Atlas design to a company in HK to product Atlas type bipods for Airsoft.   Have all the Atlas cloners purchased this license, of course not.  Thats a shame, and it has been thoroughly discussed elsewhere in this forum and on other sites online.   I do not support the theft of intellectual property.  In order to not stir up the controversy again, for the purpose of this thread let's assume that the Atlas clones/copies/fakes we are discussing are indeed legally licensed reproductions made for airsoft, not illegal counterfeits.  

Furthermore, many owners of Fake Atlas Bipods thought they had purchased an OEM Atlas and fell victim to a scam.  It's my hope that this thread will provide some useful info to those in this unfortunate situation.

A common problem owners of Atlas clones report is that the knob used to adjust swivel and pan easily comes loose.  I would like to know what troubleshooting/ fixes for the loose knob issue exist.  I read a review on amazon suggesting teflon tape on the threads to which the knob attaches.  Anyone had success with this?  Can suggest another method?

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
My recommendation would be to keep airsoft toys off real firearms.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#2]
1. Airsoft stuff doesn't work on real guns because they cut corners on EVERYTHING, especially when recoil becomes involved.

have you tried low or medium loctite?
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top