Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2016 6:11:40 PM EDT
I can't for the life of me figure out the proper way to route and fit a standard black web sling to a Colt R6520 with the old style two position stock.
Any help is appreciated
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It goes thru the stock and over the top. Googlefu.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]

I mount my sling to the side going through the sling slot, other ways a sling could be mounted on the sling slot is upwards or downwards, users choice.

There is a buckle behind my stock which keeps the sling from sliding out.

My stock is the standard M4 type 2 current production stock but you probably have the older Colt Fiberlite CAR type 1 stock body, they're the same, they both have the horizontal sling slot at the middle of the body.

I'm a right hand shooter and I prefer to mount my rear sling at the right side of the buttstock, so when I shoot on my support left shoulder the sling doesn't strangle the front of my neck.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 2:36:31 AM EDT
[#3]
JOHN WAYNE SLING, BABY!

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm having trouble finding a sling like that, can you point me in the right direction.
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#5]
..or find a KAC QD adapter

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Or an offering from Impact Weapons Components.
IWC Buttstock QD
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top