Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2016 4:08:38 PM EDT
Hi folks, I just mounted a MOE SL-K on my newest franken-15.  How do I utilize the footmans loop?  I do not feel like paying for the magpul QD M-lok adapter.  What do I need to make a sling work like this photo?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#1]
In for a better answer, but it looks like an Oval Slider or ITW Tri-Glide of the right width might work (on the opposite side of the stock, which is hidden in the photo you posted).
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a couple tri-glides on an old B5 SOPMOD to accomplish that. Run the sling through, run through tri-glide, the end goes back through the stock, then is locked to the rest of the sling with another tri-glide.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Here's my regular M4 stock with my sling mounted the same way as your picture, I've got a standard model Vickers VCAS foliage green 2 point sling.

I just use a tri-glide at the back of the stock (left side), which can't be seen, it's optional you could also use another tri-glide at the right side of the stock to prevent the sling from sliding to the left.

Usually slings will come with two tri-glide at the rear of sling but you'll have to buy another tri-glide if you want an optional tri-glide at the right side of the stock.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top