Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2016 10:50:46 PM EDT
I'm a new AR-15 owner; I just bought myself a Daniel Defense DDR4V7. I've only fired about 150 rounds through it, but I'm just thrilled to pieces.

Since I'm new, I'm accessorizing pretty slowly. I installed a set of MBUS Pro sights and got them zeroed in.

I bought an MBUS MS4 Dual QD Gen2 sling yesterday, too. It's really nice. I'm trying to get comfortable using it, but I've become confused by the mounitng points on my DDRV7.

As ya'll know, the V7 has an MLOK rail system. It has QD points on either side of the stock, and one under the buffer tube. There's also a plate attached to the end of the rail, shown here:

It adds some thickness to a hole that already exists in the rail, and the screw goes into the end of an MLOK opening. It's really great; super low profile, nothing to snag on the rail, and so on. Really light, too.

Problem is, the rifle has a few more such holes; one on the opposite side of the noisy end of the rail; and four more at the chamber end of the rail.  I'd love to put these plates into a couple more spots of the rifle so that I can switch my strap around depending on my needs. Here's a picture of the chamber end:

Thing is, I can't find these plates anywhere. Are they unique to Daniel Defense? Do other manufacturers sell them? Any leads on how to find a few more?

Thanks for your help! :)

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like they are unique to Daniel defense and are only designed to be use in conjunction with the existing holes drilled into the rail.

The griffin armament low profile sling mount would probably be a good option if you needed to place them in various spots and not have them in the way.

Low profile MLOK QD Swivel

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the lead, Fire!  Those look pretty nice. They're not quite zero elevation like the DD part, but I guess they'll do if I can't find an exact replacement.

I'm happy to pay for 'em, but they don't appear to be available on the accessories or parts pages on the DD website. I've written DD to see if they can help me out.

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you need to use that added part?  Can you not just utilize the existing QD holes in the rail on their own?

I thought the added part was only in cases where the barrel was too thick and prevented pushing a QD swivel into the sockets on the rail?
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you need to use that added part?  Can you not just utilize the existing QD holes in the rail on their own?

I thought the added part was only in cases where the barrel was too thick and prevented pushing a QD swivel into the sockets on the rail?
View Quote

I was looking at them today and it seems like you need to use them if you want the anti-rotational feature.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top