Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2016 2:28:20 AM EDT
I see the magpul one out there with the two QD points that converts from two to one point. is that the best out there? are there others worth trying?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:10:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Single point slings aren't practical for much except maybe going from your vehicle to the range bench, if that.  I wouldn't worry about a convertible sling nor the hardware (front & rear mounts) required to run one.

Get a good 2-point like the Vickers or Blue Force Gear.

Padded is popular if you are carrying over a "bare" shoulder but not if you are wearing it over a plate carrier, in which case it just gets snagged on everything.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 5:05:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Single point slings aren't practical for much except maybe going from your vehicle to the range bench, if that.  I wouldn't worry about a convertible sling nor the hardware (front & rear mounts) required to run one.

Padded is popular if you are carrying over a "bare" shoulder but not if you are wearing it over a plate carrier, in which case it just gets snagged on everything.
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Most any 2 pt can be a 1 pt with the tri-glide from IWC.

Impact weapons
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks! Ordered the blue force gear.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I've surprisingly liked the Magpul MS4, but likely because my SR15 comes stock with the QD points in the handguard and receiver plus I added an STR stock. If I had to add the single point QD I probably wouldn't have bothered and just bought a two-point.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I see the magpul one out there with the two QD points that converts from two to one point. is that the best out there? are there others worth trying?

Thanks
View Quote

Yes , it is the best that does that
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

The Magpul is one of the best, about the only negative would be that it adds a good 3" or more of length to the sling which some may not like.  The tri-glide from IWC adds no additional length to the sling.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

/thread
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread

This.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top