Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/27/2016 9:47:46 PM EDT
Im sure I'll get tons of flack for even asking but I'm an AR noob so please forgive me. My buddy says 2 point slings suck because when you drop the rifle they tend to hit you in the nuts. My lower didnt come with a QD end plate and i kind of dont want to switch it out but i can. Are single points kind of the way to go now a days? I'm thinking mounting a single to the buttstock would let the rifle hang too low. Basically just looking for some basic advice.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Im sure I'll get tons of flack for even asking but I'm an AR noob so please forgive me. My buddy says 2 point slings suck because when you drop the rifle they tend to hit you in the nuts. My lower didnt come with a QD end plate and i kind of dont want to switch it out but i can. Are single points kind of the way to go now a days? I'm thinking mounting a single to the buttstock would let the rifle hang too low. Basically just looking for some basic advice.
View Quote

Not sure what your buddy is doing, but 1-point slings do that. 2-points generally don't unless you have the points of attachment just about on top of each other.

My prefered configuration is 2-point attached just in front of the receivers/back of the handguard and back of the buttstock.

Vtac, Vickers, and Gear Sector all make good slings.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I kind of thought his logic there made no sense but hes got combat experience so i figured hed know before i would. I thing im going to check out a VTAC. Probably a QD on both ends.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like your buddy was trying to orchestrate you taking a nut shot. Kinda like kids talking each other into touching the electric fence with a weed. All good clean fun.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:42:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your buddy doesn't understand how a transition is supposed to work. You don't just drop your gun free. There's a technique to it.

I've had more shit go wrong with a single point letting my gun flop around on its own than I've ever had with a 2 point. If you're using a 2 point though, don't use the bottom sling loops. Those are for ORIGINAL 2 point slings from the Vietnam through 2004 era.  And  back then they didn't shoot like we do now.  

Look into an adjustable 2 point sling such as the Vickers VCAS from Blue Force Gear (my personal favorite) or the Viking Tactics VTAC sling. Both are outstanding slings, and are what people mean these days by a "2 point sling"

Look at the website to figure out how to hook it up to your gun (you won't use the sling loops located underneath the front sight or at the toe of the buttstock)

Don't even consider a 3 point. That shit was cool in 2003, but we progressed very very quickly since then.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to go with a VCAS, I like Vickers and his affiliation with BCM. Now the question is padded or not?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#6]

I have both the VCAS padded and non padded, here's my non padded in my pic, I also have Viking Tactics VTAC, and Gear Sector all are pretty good slings.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to go with a VCAS, I like Vickers and his affiliation with BCM. Now the question is padded or not?
View Quote

I use my padded VCAS when I'm using my heavy AR or carrying my carbine for a very long time, it helps, they're more comfortable.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#7]
How are the cheap QD swivels?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:45:20 AM EDT
[#8]
You can get QD's for  as low as $15each. Sockets that fit onto a rail usually cost somwhere around $30. In my early experiences with the VTAC I would just loop it around the back leg of my front sight post and it worked like a boss.

You can also save yourself some cash by getting a fixed loop for about $30 total. It works. Perfectly actually.
https://www.magpul.com/products/rsa-rail-sling-attachment

Pics of your current gun?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#9]
You can get QD sockets for $2 on eBay lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How are the cheap QD swivels?
View Quote

Cheap QD sling swivels in my own personal opinion are usually or under $15 each mostly when they're on sale or discounted at around $13.95, $13, $12.49 or even less than those.

The lowest price I had seen currently are the Damage Industries going for $12.49 each and a choice of push button styles, a smooth face button or a grooved button.

For a slightly higher price of $13 you could get a Midwest Industries made in USA from Bravo Company.

I've got these brands of QD swivels usually carme with or I buy the same time I buy my slings, Blue Force Gear, Damage Industries, Daniel Defense, Gear Sector, Knight's Armament, Viking Tactics, and Vltor, no problems with any of them.

Don't buy unknown quality made in China airsoft QD swivels from e-Bay or online, they're usually weaker than the ones for real firearms.

Ref:

http://damageindustries.co

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/MI-Heavy-Duty-Flush-Button-Swivel-p/mi-hdfs.htm

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Ahh i always forget about that damn airsoft stuff.....
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top