Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2016 11:19:48 AM EDT
Are the affixed sling mount end plates significantly more durable than their QD counterparts?  Has anyone ever had any experiences with the QD slings pulling loose from the end plate sockets with hard use or significant force?  

Most durable sling mount end plates?
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a steel spike's endplate. I've been using it for months now and no signs of wear. Just pick one made of steel if you choose a QD endplate
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a IWC and a Fortis QD endplate and had zero issues with either so far.  I use a Magpul Gen 2 MS-3 sling...
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a steel Noveske QD end plate. Never had a single issue. Also had an aluminum one with sling loops for mash hooks that got chewed to shit within 2 months of a deployment, another steel fixed point that had vertical slots for the sling itself that got busted to hell in 3 months (not deployed), and a Magpul ASAP which I just plain didn't like. I've put them all through considerable abuse
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Noveske and IWC are the 2 I really like.  Haven't had issues with either one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a BCM end plate on my lower, I can't collapse the stock all the way and I can't take out the sling with the stock in "position 1" (1 notch back from fully closed). Have not have any issue with it twisting (not sure if anti-rotational or just has not been an issue for me). I use a Magpul MS1 sling body with dual QD ends on it (MS4).

In my opinion, this is better due to (at least my preconceived) staking the lock nut and using a bit of locktite to prevent it from backing out. It also does not add anymore weight (ounces = pounds, pounds = pain as the old saying goes). Like I said, I could be wrong on this point but it is why I chose to get an end plate versus an add-on mount.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:05:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have not have any issue with it twisting (not sure if anti-rotational or just has not been an issue for me).
View Quote

They're all "anti-rotational". The reciever extension keeps it from going a full 360°.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top