BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to run the Magpul MS3 sling, great sling for its adaptability.

Currently use a Proctor Way of the Gun sling with the paracord. Weights nothing and for some reason much more comfortable to me. Moved the Magpul MS3 to another rifle.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
VTAC Padded sling...w/o one I might've called it an early day at a 3 Day Advance Carbine course.  Spend the extra money on a padded sling...your shoulders will thank you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:53:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agreed. I think that the MS1 has more length than the VCAS on the quick-adjust end, as well. That being said, I do think that the MS1 could be improved by a VCAS-style pull tab on the adjuster.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I voted for the VCAS as well but I recently picked up a Magpul MS1 and I have to say I didn't hate it. I find the VCAS pretty stiff where the MS1 seems to do the same thing with a more supple fabric. I'd probably buy another one before a VCAS.

That and I soured on Larry Vickers -- whom I presume gets a cut -- after that FireClean thing...

Agreed. I think that the MS1 has more length than the VCAS on the quick-adjust end, as well. That being said, I do think that the MS1 could be improved by a VCAS-style pull tab on the adjuster.

I ended up replacing my MS1 with a padded VCAS. Managed to add more length onto the quick-adjust end by losing the tri-glide and sewing the QD swivel in. I still think the MS1 is made of better material, though, and I kind of wish that I'd went with the padded MS1 instead of the padded VCAS, or possibly the new VCAS with the wider 1.5" webbing in the rear.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I used to run the Magpul MS3 sling, great sling for its adaptability.

Currently use a Proctor Way of the Gun sling with the paracord. Weights nothing and for some reason much more comfortable to me. Moved the Magpul MS3 to another rifle.
View Quote

How do you like that sling with the paracord? Seems to me like it would get twisted all the time. Any issues with that?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:42:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Another padded vtac vote
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Another padded vtac vote
View Quote

Add me to that vote as well.

I have a brand new padded Vickers 221 sling.  Other than being high quality and looking cool because of the Kryptek pattern, I dislike it greatly.

I got the Vickers because I wanted a sling with a captured tail.  No one told me the adjustments on the thing were so stiff it takes 2 hands most times.  The VTAC works much smoother.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I have and really like the MS1...Does a lot for a low cost sling. I don't see myself switching to anything else.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I like old school GI silent slings and standard issue pinch adjustable GI slings. Either one works for me, please no plastic parts ever....................no exceptions.

I dislike single point slings with a passion.

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#9]
VTAC Mk2

Or

BFG VCAS

Your choice just know the limitations of both.

VTAC you can cinch up very tight but there is a tail when you that.

VCAS is wider all the way on the length but you can't cinch it up as tight but it has not tail.

Also look at the Boonie Packer offerings.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I run Magoul. Ms4. Like them a lot.

When I run my PC it doesn't matter but when I don't I sometimes wonder if padding would be better.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I couldn't find any good slings that were QD 3 point So I bought magpul ms4. It's for SHTF and I'm happy about how it fits and stuff.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Have MS3 and 4, prefer the non-QD myself.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Padded VTAC MK2.

https://cdn.dsgarms.com/content/images/thumbs/0016297_viking-tactics-padded-sling-vtac-mk2.png

Buy through amazon directly from VTAC.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 7:10:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Negative they are discussing tactical slings for real world use, not 1950s game slings with features noone will ever use like arm cuffs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess you guys are just seeking comfortable carry strap type slings.  If you want a shooting tight sling, the properties are different.  For that purpose consider the leather, one hand adjustable Brownells Latigo.

Negative they are discussing tactical slings for real world use, not 1950s game slings with features noone will ever use like arm cuffs.

Just finding this reply.  Respectfully disagree.  True tight shooting slings are very much a part of "real world" modern military rifle shooting, including National Match competition.  I could not find in this thread that tight shooting slings were somehow "off limits" in the discussion.  I offered advice for those who might be so interested.  Bring summarily dismissed assumes too much.

FWIW, for a two point carry rigging with transition to 1 point, if needed, I use Magpul MS3 or MS4 depending on attachment point setup.  I have probably six of the Brownells Latigo leather slings on various rifles, bolt and semi.  They are especially useful when hunting.  In this event someone stumbles onto his thread and is seeking a tight true shooting sling, they are excellent.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I recently put a Wilderness Langlois Rhodesian Sling on my 20" AR. I like it. I haven't gotten much use shooting with it but practicing with different positions at home it seems sturdy and durable enough.

http://www.thewilderness.com/langlois-rhodesian-sling/wilderness-langlois-rhodesian-sling/
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#16]
For my ARs and shotguns I have VCAS slings and the former Ares Armor Huskey Slings, which is basically an improved VCAS with more slick webbing, making the slider easier to manipulate. Got them when Ares was still in business, before all the BS went down.

My AK uses a Chinese Type 56 sling, old school durable cotton canvas that does the job at a low price! I get mine directly from China

I hated the USGI parade slings on issued M16s and M4s but I found they work great on my M1903 and M1903A3. Best of all the slings were free too lol
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top