Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/11/2016 2:42:50 AM EDT
... will be primarily used on a AR

The whole letter code crap is confusing for as much as I know about them.

I know swivel I would want, but the leg type and even length is kind of unknown  to me.

What one and why? (Harris)
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm about to buy the 6-9 inch swivel with leg notches from HERE. I was trying to decide between that and the 9-13 inch one, but I'll be doing bench rest shooting mostly so I really don't think I need the longer one. I figured the leg notches would help set the height of each leg quickly and the swivel just seems like a nice option to have.

ETA: edited after doing a little research.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
BRM-S.  6-9'' notched legs with swivel.  Make sure you get a pod-loc.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]
"BRM" (Bench Rest Model) - Has the notches for the legs.
"S" - Swivel
6"-9" is perfect for shooting off the bench or prone.  Anything else is usually too high.  

So...the BRM-S 6-9 is the way to go.

If you shoot primarily from the sitting/kneeling position, that's when you should look at a taller bipod.  But really, that's when a good set of shooting sticks might be more applicable.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:35:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I would honestly skip straight to Atlas.  The spinning legs on the Harris I had briefly made it suck for hard surfaces.  Try to lay behind the gun and it runs away.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:24:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would honestly skip straight to Atlas.  The spinning legs on the Harris I had briefly made it suck for hard surfaces.  Try to lay behind the gun and it runs away.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?  Set the rifle on a hard surface and it rolls like it's on wheels is acceptable?  I don't tote around a whole drag bag with a yoga mat and all that shit in it.  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top