Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2016 1:51:00 PM EDT
So I'm needing a bipod mount for a spr build I'm doing. I cant decide either primary weapon system keymod bipod mount, or iwc keymod bipod mount.

Iwc is less foot print, it's just a single stud, just don't know how good it'll hold.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got a IWC bipod mount. It seems like it'll hold up fairly well, but I haven't added a bipod yet so I can't say for sure. I was trying to decide between that and the YHM bipod mount. I figured if the IWC doesn't hold up, it was only $10 or so. I can always get the YHM mount later.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the keymod stud insert on a kmr rail and so far so good. Cant remember what brand but I can post a pic when I get home tonight if you want.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#3]
If your rail is in spec and quality materials... The iwc keymod mount is very rock solid. Its almost designed in a way that your rails would have to give before the stud would. The stud head would literally have to be pulled through your keymod rail. I have one on a 20" build that's not a lightweight... and it seems to hold up very well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If your rail is in spec and quality materials... The iwc keymod mount is very rock solid. Its almost designed in a way that your rails would have to give before the stud would. The stud head would literally have to be pulled through your keymod rail. I have one on a 20" build that's not a lightweight... and it seems to hold up very well.
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb412/SM0KESCREEN/Mobile%20Uploads/20151120_220428_zpsk2pkc1lf.jpg
View Quote

The rail I have is a 15" nsr, my bipod is Harris. I just need it to hold so I can load the bipod in my shots. Iwc looks so simple, but I guess I'm not really putting that much weight on it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got a chance to look and it was the IWC Bipod Stud that I use as well.  It works and takes up no room and adds no weight.  When you put it on however just make sure its far enough back to support the entire bipod base plate with the free float tube.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Noveske NSR/TRX bipod stud works too
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:01:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Best thing I ever did with my bipods was put them on QD mounts.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top