Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2016 8:45:41 PM EDT
I have a Core 15 M4 Scout.  I bought it Used Exc after San Bernardino when I thought I might be racing a ban, and I'm not sorry I did because it's awesome, but the furniture is green (not my first choice) and I'd prefer black.  I want to replace the stock, grip, and forearm.  

While the mfg sells replacement stock 'kits,' I've realized that the parts are modular -- I only need the shoulder piece, not the buffer tube, buffer, spring, etc.  I did some research and found that I have a Mil Spec stock (not commercial) but I don't know where to find just the shoulder piece of the stock.  Whatever the common configuration of the adjustable unit is, is what I need.

Is it possible to buy just the shoulder piece?  I know I can get just a grip, and I plan to replace the Vietnam style forearm with a quad rail of some kind when I can afford it, but it's stock time now.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Starting to wonder if this is the right forum for the question...  ; )

Did some more research, and found a 'Stocks R Us' kind of site, but damn if what I want doesn't come ONLY in the kit.  If I wanted something after-market, super build sexy, I could get 10 pages worth of stock parts that aren't what I want, but more or less at the price point I'm looking for (under $30).  You'd think that with all the guys buying those, I'd find a world of used parts from people who can't wait to own an AR that doesn't look stock.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes you can buy just the stock.  I think I have an armalite.  I could part with it if you can't come up with something.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/a2-stock.html

Also check jsesurplus or cdnn as they have several random accessories usually.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey thanks!  I might not have said I'm trying to replace an adjustable (6-pos., right?) stock, but thanks.  I get the point -- they're out there.  ; )
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 3:37:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a standard mil-spec size black M4 stock body only (not a kit) at Bravo Company on sale only $24.95 you save $44.05 - link below.

Damage Industries also have the same mil-spec black M4 stock body sale for only $14.98 - see URL address ref. below.

They're both not marked and both made in USA.

You could also look around at the AR15.com Equipment Exchange section for new and slightly used stocks at great prices, click on the upper right orange color link on any of this forums web pages.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Mil-Spec-M4-Stock-p/stock%20only%20m4%20black%20-%20gen2.htm

Ref:

http://damageindustriesllc.com/product/ar15m16-buttstock-assembly-m4-carbine

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:12:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Just dunk the parts in some boiling water with salt and black RIT dye.

Works great and holds up.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top