Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2015 11:34:01 PM EDT
I understand the feature and pricing difference between Plano and Pelican cases.  I already have a Voodoo Tactical soft case for transport, but for this price, it's hard to look away.  Should I get it?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/635165/plano-aw-all-weather-series-42-tactical-rifle-case-polymer-black
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 12:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Got one, for the price it can't be beat. My opinion is get it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 1:15:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got one, for the price it can't be beat. My opinion is get it.
View Quote

Same here. You should Fo.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, turns out I asked a buddy of mine about what he thought of Plano cases and he said "Hey, I have an extra one I was just about to throw out...you want it?

So it's not going to be as fancy as the all-weather one, but for a hard(er) case, I think it'll do the trick.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I read that as piano.    $55 for a 42" piano?  Hell yes!  
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
That's an OK deal.  Depends on how much shipping is.  Amazon has them for $68 shipped

Eta $14 shipping for me.  Same price as Amazon unless you have a coupon code
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I also saw them at Big5 Sporting goods.

I have the longer version for some hunting rifles and I love it.  The price point is great.  Yes, a Pelican case might be better, but I can't afford them either

I checked out the tactical one last night at Big5 on the way home.  Almost bought it right there.  I have one those other, low-end Plano cases as well.  I used it during some CONUS travel and man does it suck.  I had to put in some PVC pipe so that the sides wouldn't collapse on the rifles.  I was worried some gorilla was going to put some really heavy luggage on top and crush them.  The next time, I found the All Weather version and there's a huge difference.  The AW cases will not crush.

The Pelicans are like getting a Cadillac Escalade while the Plano AW cases are like getting a GMC Yukon.

The only issue I ahve with my 52" AW case is that one of the wheels has a flat spot.  I suspect that during one of the flights someone slid it sideways.  So whenever I roll it, it's like rolling a bad shopping cart.  

Consequently, we have plenty of Pelican, Hardigg, Zarges, and other hard cases for various systems/hardware at work.  At some time...every case with wheels has the same issue.  Either a wheel get's a flat spot or it get's a small rock embedded in it, or a wheel just completely fails.  SO working with the top of the line cases I have learned that some of the mid-tier cases work just a well and save money.

I'll be picking up another for my next rifle and maybe one or two more for transporting the others to replace my original Plano crappy case.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys,

Thanks for the input.  My buddy ended up giving me an older Plano case he was planning to toss out, so I got it for free!  Anyway, the only downside is that I can't actually fit it in any vehicle trunk I have unless I put down the seat.  Will that be an issue in CA?

--DT
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top