Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2015 7:55:07 AM EDT
I hope this is not a dumb question but what are the threaded holes in my rail for?

Also, on my Magpul CTR stock, when I insert a qd sling swivel into the socket, the swivel will not rotate 360 because the sling loop hits the stock. I'm using standard LaRue qd swivels.

Is there an adapter I can use with this swivel to make it standoff from the stock more or is there a taller qd swivel available so the loop wont hit the stock?

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
it could be there for a fixture in the machining/ finishing process. It could also be for accessories. What rail is it?

As far as QD's go you can get smaller and offset QD's if you use HK/Mash hooks
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know what rail that is so it might have some specific purpose, but in general I have found most often these threaded holes on rails will accept old-fashioned threaded sling studs.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

it could be there for a fixture in the machining/ finishing process. It could also be for accessories. What rail is it?

View Quote
The rail is made by "Big Country Rifle Accessories". I'm sure you heard of them

I took a chance on this rail (ordering from a 'no name' company) and I made out good. I shopped around for quite a while for a FDE 17" rail for my 18" barrel and I had a tough time even finding them and this popped up in a google search. Price was reasonable so I went for it. It turned out to be a really great piece of hardware. Easy installation. Flawless fit and finish. Very solid.

'love the steel barrel nut.

BTW customer service was awesome. Dealt with the owner and he was very kind.

Anyway, I did not plan on using the threaded holes but I was just curious what they were for. I'll check out the HK/Mash hook option. Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I took a chance on this rail (ordering from a 'no name' company) and I made out good. I shopped around for quite a while for a FDE 17" rail for my 18" barrel and I had a tough time even finding them and this popped up in a google search. Price was reasonable so I went for it. It turned out to be a really great piece of hardware. Easy installation. Flawless fit and finish. Very solid.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j69/maximusscriptorius/0E4C9BFD-49A9-4B79-9608-DD842D1DE4EA_zpshjq3wbuh.jpg

Anyway, I did not plan on using the threaded holes but I was just curious what they were for. I'll check out the HK/Mash hook option. Thanks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j69/maximusscriptorius/0E4C9BFD-49A9-4B79-9608-DD842D1DE4EA_zpshjq3wbuh.jpg

What is the weight on that with barrel nut?

Similar to the SWS barrel nut design.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't weigh it so I'm not sure. It looks even more like a Guntec nut.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hope this is not a dumb question but what are the threaded holes in my rail for?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j69/maximusscriptorius/5F9E1797-7321-4703-873B-6B5FAA66DF8C_zps6nsfmdpz.jpg

Also, on my Magpul CTR stock, when I insert a qd sling swivel into the socket, the swivel will not rotate 360 because the sling loop hits the stock. I'm using standard LaRue qd swivels.
Is there an adapter I can use with this swivel to make it standoff from the stock more or is there a taller qd swivel available so the loop wont hit the stock?

Thanks

View Quote

You really don't want the swivel to rotate.  That results in a very twisted sling that keeps getting worse.  Most front sling cups have anti-rotation limiters for that reason.  Be glad Magpul designed it that way.  My Magpul ACS stock has the same "limitation".  It is a good thing.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top