Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2015 9:09:47 PM EDT
Bought a strike industries ambit selector and don't care for the ambi. It hits my hand. However I love the short throw. Anyone have any recomendation? Looks like the strike industries ultimate selector kit may come with smaller parts so you can kind of make it non ambi.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the Strike Industries 60 degree short throw non-ambi. It's stiffer than my factory 90 degree, but easier to reach/manipulate w/my thumb (YMMV).
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I I use a BAD short throw selector with the cap on one side.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use the Strike Industries 60 degree short throw non-ambi. It's stiffer than my factory 90 degree, but easier to reach/manipulate w/my thumb (YMMV).
Tomac
View Quote

This is what I noticed but my hand gets in the way on the right side, hence looking at non ambi options. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

May order one of these also to see which i like more.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:08:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is what I noticed but my hand gets in the way on the right side, hence looking at non ambi options. Thank you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tomac

Maybe you missed exactly what Tomac said or I fail at comprehending your response.  He uses the NON ambi 60 deg Strike selector.  Strike makes the exact selector you have but in a non ambi version as well.

I recently bought one of the non ambi 60 deg versions and like it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:01:28 AM EDT
[#6]
My response was worded oddly. I understood what he said. I found the NON ambi version on strikes website after reading his response. I was only looking at Primary Arms. Didn't see the non ambi on their site.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty happy with mine. Nearly nonexistent wiggle in either position.

If I had the equipment and expertise, I'd take the offending side down flush with the receiver. I have a high hold that makes even their lowest profile levers inconvenient. The cap is the next best solution.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used a BAD short throw with a cap on the other side quite a bit.  Very nice safety.

Save your money on the CASS version, the dovetails are cut so sloppy there's no advantage to them.  Also be aware that a BAD safety takes a part that is one piece of steel, and turns it into a part that is three pieces of steel held together by two tiny screws and Lock-tite.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top