Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2015 11:18:12 PM EDT
I want to stock up on a few extra gas rings. I'd prefer to try to McFarland gas ring, but either you see them for $8/shipped (via ebay), or $3.99/with ridiculous shipping (cheapest I found for shipping for NON ebay on these was $8, which is asinine for something placed in a tiny bubble wrap envelope).
Can someone guide me (or link) to a REASONABLE shipping charge for these things? Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I got mine

$8.00 shipped on ebay (where I bought mine)
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:24:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got mine

$8.00 shipped on ebay (where I bought mine)
View Quote

I saw those (as mentioned), but $8/ea shipped is crazy for a $4 part that could fit in a dime bag.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I recommend getting the JP Enhanced Gas Rings instead of the Mcfarland's.
I used to use them but had some issues, switched to JP's and find them flawless.
A little more expensive but well worth it.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/gas-system-parts/gas-system-hardware/o-rings/ar15-308ar-enhanced-gas-rings-prod68370.aspx
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not just buy regular old gas rings?

They are a wear part. You replace them during standard maintaince if needed and drive on.

The ONLY time I've ever heard of gas ring failure is high round count guns with improper maintaince and people trying out fancy gas rings that are supposed to be superior for some reason or another.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:18:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They are a wear part. You replace them during standard maintaince if needed and drive on.

The ONLY time I've ever heard of gas ring failure is high round count guns with improper maintaince and people trying out fancy gas rings that are supposed to be superior for some reason or another.

View Quote

Nothing against the standard 3 ring set up (it works), I'm just wanting to try a (or more) one piece. I'd prefer the McFarland because it's known to be tighter, vs the JP looser fit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nothing against the standard 3 ring set up (it works), I'm just wanting to try a (or more) one piece. I'd prefer the McFarland because it's known to be tighter, vs the JP looser fit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck with them.
May be tighter but it just doesn't seal as well so leaks gas causing malfunctions for me and many others. I literally threw mine away.
Is not precision ground like the JP which is probably why, never had a problem with the JP's. They just work.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good luck with them.
May be tighter but it just doesn't seal as well so leaks gas causing malfunctions for me and many others. I literally threw mine away.
Is not precision ground like the JP which is probably why, never had a problem with the JP's. They just work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck with them.

Hmm. I wasn't aware of that. I may look into trying them as well. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#8]
The only problems I've ever had with gas rings was when I tried McFarlands.  I put a set of new Colts on that bolt and threw the McFarlands away.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top